Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed November 22nd, 2017, 10:58 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon February 25th, 2013, 19:52 GMT 

"I can hear a sweet voice gently calling
Must be the mother of our Lord" Bob Dylan Duquesne Whistle 2013

http://www.rep-am.com/news/local/705367.txt

Bob Dylan originally wanted to make Tempest a religious album. The verses quoted above make me wonder if Bob would have written about Catholicism. Perhaps he was reading up on the happenings of Medjugorje. Since June 24th, 1981 it is reported that The Virgin Mary has been appearing to six young visionaries. Today they see her at different times. Some once per year, others every month, and three ever day. I went to see one of them (Ivan) at a church where he had his daily apparition.

Anyway, I wanted to take time to write something long and deep on this subject. But once again, my short attention span is creating ants in my pants. So I will just leave off that I believe Bob has been reading up on Medjugorje because of the verse above.

Incidentally, today one of the visionaries of Medjugorje had an Apparition. You can find today's message from The Lady online: February 25th, 2012.

I certainly hope responses are respectful even if you don't agree with the subject.

PostPosted: Mon February 25th, 2013, 21:21 GMT 
Titanium Member

Respectful, certainly, but a little confused. Shouldn't this topic be in 'General Discussions'?

PostPosted: Tue February 26th, 2013, 11:46 GMT 

Eddie wrote:
Respectful, certainly, but a little confused. Shouldn't this topic be in 'General Discussions'?

I think you're right. I'll ask a moderator to move it. :D

PostPosted: Tue February 26th, 2013, 16:19 GMT 

DylanEgo wrote:

Bob Dylan originally wanted to make Tempest a religious album. The verses quoted above make me wonder if Bob would have written about Catholicism.

That's a really interesting thought. And the subject of the links is always fascinating.
Also, I've wondered if that thing he said about making that kind of album had anything to do with something related to something represented like this:

PostPosted: Tue February 26th, 2013, 16:28 GMT 
Promethium Member

It's Luke 1:43.

PostPosted: Tue February 26th, 2013, 18:42 GMT 
Titanium Member

^ But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? ....... Luke 1:43

Sorry, i don't see much connection between that verse and the line
which Dylanego quoted from the song.... except that they both mention Mary.

DylanEgo wrote:

Bob Dylan originally wanted to make Tempest a religious album. The verses quoted above make me wonder if Bob would have written about Catholicism. Perhaps he was reading up on the happenings of Medjugorje. Since June 24th, 1981 it is reported that The Virgin Mary has been appearing to six young visionaries. Today they see her at different times. Some once per year, others every month, and three ever day. I went to see one of them (Ivan) at a church where he had his daily apparition.

Anyway, I wanted to take time to write something long and deep on this subject. But once again, my short attention span is creating ants in my pants. So I will just leave off that I believe Bob has been reading up on Medjugorje because of the verse above.

Incidentally, today one of the visionaries of Medjugorje had an Apparition. You can find today's message from The Lady online: February 25th, 2012.

I certainly hope responses are respectful even if you don't agree with the subject.

- it's certainly possible that Bob knows about Medjugorje...he spends alot of
time in Europe.
Dylanego, Ivan visits New Orleans fairly regularly and years ago i went with
my mother to see him at one of the churches here. Is that a website that you
cited? I couldn't find it. thanks.

PostPosted: Tue February 26th, 2013, 19:04 GMT 
Promethium Member

Eddie wrote:

why not,.. is a BD related, right?

PostPosted: Tue February 26th, 2013, 20:01 GMT 
Senior Moderator

jcastro wrote:
Eddie wrote:

why not,.. is a BD related, right?

Hi Jesus -
I think it was somewhere else at first, and now has been moved here to Gen Discussion.

PostPosted: Tue February 26th, 2013, 20:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

Anything But A Roll wrote:
jcastro wrote:

Hi Jesus -
I think it first was somewhere else at first, and now has been moved here to Gen Discussion

Hi ABAR

PostPosted: Tue February 26th, 2013, 20:47 GMT 

Queen Anne Lace wrote:
^ But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? ....... Luke 1:43

Sorry, i don't see much connection between that verse and the line
which Dylanego quoted from the song.... except that they both mention Mary.

DylanEgo wrote:

- it's certainly possible that Bob knows about Medjugorje...he spends alot of
time in Europe.
Dylanego, Ivan visits New Orleans fairly regularly and years ago i went with
my mother to see him at one of the churches here. Is that a website that you
cited? I couldn't find it. thanks.

Queen Anne Lace I think so. After hearing Ivan speak and reading and watching interviews about the first Apparition at Medjugorje Ivan talked about a voice that kept on calling them to come see. Ivan did not know where the voice was coming from. Later on he did see one of the other frightened children who saw Mary. To me Bob's verse sounds like the Medjugorje experience write out of the book.

Ivan is coming close to my area soon. Last week I drove to Connecticut, two hours away. Soon he will be in NJ. I told him I would see him there. The day before I saw him he went to Sandy Hook, Newtown Connecticut to have a private service with some of the families of the victims. It gets me choked up just thinking about it. Sandy Hook was only a few miles from where I saw Ivan at church. I went through the town because I felt I had to.

To answer your question, Ivan's schedule can be found here: http://www.medjugorje.org/ivanse.htm

Incidentally, one of Mary's monthly messages was delivered to Marija today. It can be found here: http://www.medjugorje.org

PostPosted: Tue February 26th, 2013, 20:57 GMT 

It's well known that Bob Dylan is a giant lizard.

David Icke said.

PostPosted: Tue February 26th, 2013, 21:07 GMT 
Titanium Member

Johanna - you are so right

this record is religious, like his paintings are religious - anyone who reads the bible could tell youzz that! :P

PostPosted: Tue February 26th, 2013, 21:46 GMT 
Promethium Member

Which ones of the paintings?

PostPosted: Tue February 26th, 2013, 21:59 GMT 
Titanium Member

so funny Johanna!

they all deal in the mortal combat called faith, charity, and love, bob ropes one in and fairly hammers one upon the head with that, ask Milkcow right! :P

-and Our Lady of Prompt Succor is after all the patroness of New Orleans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Prompt_Succor

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02 ... 29294.html

PostPosted: Wed February 27th, 2013, 00:08 GMT 
*Senior Contributor*

I actually used to work with David Icke's brother, some years back!

PostPosted: Wed February 27th, 2013, 00:41 GMT 
Mercury Member

at the end of david ickes 8 hour gig at brixton academy video (excerpted on you-tube) he can clearly be seen swigging back several cans of tennants super lager! He's nought but a harry ramp with a turquoise track suit! im surprised they didnt show him picking up dog-ends in the street!

PostPosted: Wed February 27th, 2013, 00:47 GMT 

If anyone would like to learn more about Medjugorje and the story including videos of Apparitions of Mary do a search on Youtube: Medjugore. It's a most fascinating happening.

What I also find fascinating was the miracle at Fatima in 1917. 70,000 people witnessed the sun dancing in the sky. When you think about that it's the most amazing thing that has happened in the history of mankind.

PostPosted: Wed February 27th, 2013, 01:01 GMT 
*Senior Contributor*

Say what you will about David Icke... but he certainly puts forward ideas that make you think... he is one fascinating guy, in my opinion... and, did I ever mention that I used to work with his brother?

PostPosted: Wed February 27th, 2013, 01:03 GMT 

thickboy wrote:
Say what you will about David Icke... but he certainly puts forward ideas that make you think... he is one fascinating guy, in my opinion... and, did I ever mention that I used to work with his brother?

Who is David Icke and what does he do?

PostPosted: Wed February 27th, 2013, 01:04 GMT 
Titanium Member

DylanEgo wrote:
If anyone would like to learn more about Medjugorje and the story including videos of Apparitions of Mary do a search on Youtube: Medjugore. It's a most fascinating happening.

What I also find fascinating was the miracle at Fatima in 1917. 70,000 people witnessed the sun dancing in the sky. When you think about that it's the most amazing thing that has happened in the history of mankind.

While I understand your fascination with Fatima & Medjugorje, I would suggest that the cross and resurrection
that make, The Lord, "Our Lord" as the most amazing thing that has happened in the history of mankind.

PostPosted: Wed February 27th, 2013, 01:05 GMT 
Promethium Member

DylanEgo wrote:
thickboy wrote:

I'm more interested in Brother Icke.

PostPosted: Wed February 27th, 2013, 01:12 GMT 
*Senior Contributor*

DylanEgo wrote:
thickboy wrote:

He is the way... he is the answer... he is a conduit... he is a channel between truth and untruth.

PostPosted: Wed February 27th, 2013, 01:13 GMT 
Mercury Member

He drinks Tennants super lager so he is immediately better than any of the royal family or the lizard politicians.... i like icke!

PostPosted: Wed February 27th, 2013, 01:13 GMT 

ragman99 wrote:
DylanEgo wrote:

While I understand your fascination with Fatima & Medjugorje, I would suggest that the cross and resurrection
that make, The Lord, "Our Lord" as the most amazing thing that has happened in the history of mankind.

I agree with you 100%. And I can totally understand how someone, anyone, me right now for that matter, can get wrapped up in the miracles of Fatima and Medjugorje. I really can. I grew up a Roman Catholic. I said my Hail Marys since I was a small child. Then I became a Protestant Born Again Christian as a young adult. Sadly, those in my churches said things such as "Fatima" were "demonic." How arrogent of them to say that. But one's doctrine will make one blind to what is obvious. But to be honest, there are some things about these events that cause me pause. Things that are doctrinal. I will always have questions. We all do. But my heart bares witness that most of the Marian Apparitions are of God. They direct us to Jesus. But you are so right, it is the Lord Jesus who is savior and He is the one we should look to for salvation, no one else.

PostPosted: Wed February 27th, 2013, 01:35 GMT 

I thought the song referenced a now disused "ghost" train line in Arizona that runs through Duquesne and Carbondale. Its hardly a stretch that during this trip into the past, that a holy ghost makes her voice heard and rides that train along with Dylan. The identity of the "mother of our Lord" also depends on whom Dylan is calling "lord" these days!