Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu October 30th, 2014, 18:09 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: Mon January 21st, 2013, 15:25 GMT 
Titanium Member

arcadian wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Aussieland?

Quoted in the article referred to below:

Bob Dylan, meanwhile, will have turned 72 when he plays the Sydney Opera House and Byron Bay's Splendour in the Grass in July.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-diar ... 2d17m.html

I'm calling this one a proper rumor.

Just saw this too, Barefoot.
I agree, looks as if somethings are maybe starting to come together.

what are the chances of a spring tour in the usa, maybe the south, a couple of colleges.?

PostPosted: Mon January 21st, 2013, 15:28 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Looks to me like Bob's heading down under for the
summer (or winter there :? :? ).

PostPosted: Mon January 21st, 2013, 15:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

doesn't he know he needs to fit another local appearance in before August :?: :?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: Mon January 21st, 2013, 16:05 GMT 

Now that I call Atlanta home I have faint hope of seeing Bob again soon, if ever. I now root for him to play places where we usually get good recordings, IE: Japan and Europe.

PostPosted: Tue January 22nd, 2013, 00:36 GMT 
Promethium Member

arabia wrote:
Now that I call Atlanta home I have faint hope of seeing Bob again soon, if ever. I now root for him to play places where we usually get good recordings, IE: Japan and Europe.

Atlanta's a good hub to travel from though. That's pretty cool.

PostPosted: Tue January 22nd, 2013, 02:17 GMT 

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
Looks to me like Bob's heading down under for the
summer (or winter there :? :? ).

No need for the sad face, Boston. This is glorious news (if indeed it is true). Although how I will both find the time and money to go to a show is beyond me right now. I think I've wasted my wife's goodwill on the Bruce concert in March!

PostPosted: Tue January 22nd, 2013, 03:00 GMT 
Senior Moderator

No, not sad. That was my confused face - had to think whether it would be summer or winter (in July) when Bob visits you.

PostPosted: Tue January 22nd, 2013, 03:39 GMT 

Sydney Opera House? Nice digs.

PostPosted: Tue January 22nd, 2013, 05:08 GMT 
Promethium Member

Nail Stout and Monk Porter...mmm, mmm good Aussie brews.

PostPosted: Tue January 22nd, 2013, 06:24 GMT 

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
No, not sad. That was my confused face - had to think whether it would be summer or winter (in July) when Bob visits you.

Sorry, you are correct. I got the smileys mixed up.

If indeed this does turn out to be true, I am giving a wide berth to the Splendor in the Grass festival, which is very much for the "kids". I'm only 32, but I can't be bothered with that crap anymore.

Sydney Opera House would certainly get me interested though! I think the days of Bob coming over and playing in regional areas are over - it will be the general festival or two, plus the capital cities and possibly missing out on one or two again (he didn't play Brisbane last time).

PostPosted: Tue January 22nd, 2013, 11:17 GMT 
Promethium Member

From today's front page. Another article on people with hope.

21 January 2013

Dylan Thomas tribute: Bob Dylan wanted for Swansea concert
Bob Dylan is said to be "thinking very positively" about a concert for Dylan Thomas in Swansea

A campaign is growing for Bob Dylan to perform a concert honouring poet Dylan Thomas in the centenary

Swansea West MP Geraint Davies wants the veteran American singer to play the Liberty Stadium, home of the city's resurgent football club, next year.

Sony Music has told him that Dylan, who many believe named himself after Thomas, is "thinking very positively" about it.

The MP said the "Dylan to play Dylan" campaign had gone viral.

It has won support from Welsh singers such as Cerys Matthews and Mike Peters, among others.

There are a number of celebrations planned for Swansea and the whole of Wales in 2014 to mark 100 years since Thomas's birth in the city.

Mr Davies said a concert by Dylan in which he blended his music with some of Thomas's poetry would be "the icing on the cake" of a great year.

Dylan Marlais Thomas was born 27 October 1914 in Swansea, died on 9 November 1953 in New York
Robert Allen Zimmerman (aka Bob Dylan) was born 24 May 24 1941 in Duluth, Minnesota
Thomas is famous for poems such as Do not go gentle into that good night, And death shall have no dominion, and the "play for voices", Under Milk Wood
Dylan's early songs such as Blowin' in the Wind and The Times They Are a-Changin' became anthems for the US civil rights and anti-war movements.
Dylan Thomas is buried in Laugharne, Carmarthenshire
Bob Dylan's career to date has encompassed musician, singer-songwriter, record producer, artist, writer
The two artists never met but Thomas was known for his rock star lifestyle, before there were rock stars.

Mr Davies has mentioned in the House of Commons that he had approached Bob Dylan about the concert, when Leader of the House Andrew Lansley said he would look forward to attending.

"Since then the campaign has gone viral with all the music websites and Twitter etc, with thousands of people calling for Bob Dylan to come to Swansea to do the concert," said Mr Davies.

Former Catatonia singer and BBC 6 Music broadcaster Cerys Matthews has retweeted messages about the campaign to her followers and The Alarm singer Mike Peters, who knows Bob Dylan's manager, has also got involved.

As well as approaching Sony Music, Mr Davies has also met the chief executive of UK Trade and Investment about the centenary concert.

"They said they are willing to approach Bob Dylan's management about this," he said.

"Dylan Thomas is someone we are proud of in Swansea, and right across Wales.

"The idea is that Bob Dylan might come and incorporate Dylan Thomas' work into his blend of music is exciting."

According to The Times newspaper, the singer has given various accounts of how he adopted the name Dylan in place of his birth name, Robert Zimmerman. In his autobiography, Bob Dylan refers to the Welshman's poetry, but claimed the choice was largely coincidental.

Mr Davies said the singer-songwriter had already paid tribute to John Lennon in a track on his 2012 album Tempest, and it would not be too much to expect him to use "to bring something of Dylan Thomas to life".

The concert, if it does happen, will be "a fantastic show that would have a worldwide audience," he added.

"If it comes off, the welcome in the hillside will be blowing a gale."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-21123462

PostPosted: Tue January 22nd, 2013, 11:30 GMT 
Promethium Member

Sphere wrote:
Sydney Opera House? Nice digs.

With a voice like that, it's surprising they didn't ask him to come by earlier. :P

PostPosted: Tue January 22nd, 2013, 12:54 GMT 

Hope he comes to Victoria!

PostPosted: Tue January 22nd, 2013, 20:12 GMT 
Senior Moderator

"Bob Dylan is said to be "thinking very positively" about a concert for Dylan Thomas in Swansea"

^ When he heard of the tribute concert, he probably just responded "Oh, that's nice." :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue January 22nd, 2013, 20:17 GMT 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue January 22nd, 2013, 20:20 GMT 
Titanium Member

Dylan Thomas is said to be "thinking very positively" about a concert for Bob Dylan in Hibbing

PostPosted: Tue January 22nd, 2013, 20:23 GMT 
Promethium Member

SirDogg wrote:
"Bob Dylan is said to be "thinking very positively" about a concert for Dylan Thomas in Swansea"

^ When he heard of the tribute concert, he probably just responded "Oh, that's nice." :mrgreen:

He probably just didn't exactly say no, and it's part of starting to put his name out there re. touring this year.

Post subject: Re: 2013 CURRENT INFO?
PostPosted: Tue January 22nd, 2013, 22:02 GMT 

PLEASE UPDATE US HIBERNATORS!!

WITH ALL CURRENT INFO

ON TOUR REAL NEWS PLEASE - THANKS!

great news on Sydney!

PostPosted: Wed January 23rd, 2013, 06:50 GMT 

Last rumours! from a friend who works close to the Dylan management. Normaly most of what he is saying is believable.

1. There will be at least 1 or two legs this year.
2. Australien in summer is at this point out of any question. (if the band problems will be solved the tour is planned to start in March or April in Australia and probably some Asian dates).
3. Charlie is more or less out. There is talk that Stu, Donie and George (one or all) might also leave the band. If Charlie stays its also possible that everything remains the same.
4. Duke isn't 100% because of the leaked rumours. (Sony and probably Bob don't like that)
5. There are negotiations about Freddy Koella but not finished till today.
6. There are also negotiations about a multiinstrumentalist.
7. Most likely there will be a tour start in Summer Europe, than US leg. With beginning of summer we will get the first dates late March.
8. There are definitely not so many shows planned than last years. There ist talk about 20%-50% less shows than normal. Ther also rumours that Bobs health isn't that great with nearly 71 and he wants to slow down (volume of shows, even smaller venues, slower arrangments, less rock/blues songs etc..) everything a bit.
9. The Dylan Thomas thing is a joke. No one is even thinking of anything next year. Also we all know that Bob took his name not because of Dylan Thomas and Bob never liked this connection.

PostPosted: Wed January 23rd, 2013, 07:48 GMT 

Waiting for summer in Europe is still a long time. :(
And I am also not sure if I can take time off from work in July. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed January 23rd, 2013, 08:00 GMT 

Nosferatu wrote:
8. There are definitely not so many shows planned than last years. There ist talk about 20%-50% less shows than normal. Ther also rumours that Bobs health isn't that great with nearly 71 and he wants to slow down (volume of shows, even smaller venues, slower arrangments, less rock/blues songs etc..) everything a bit.

I think this is good. Not the less shows part, but the arrangements and smaller venues thing. Maybe we'll hear some songs he hasn't done in a while then, also his voice sounds better on the slower, gloomier songs like Scarlet Town.

PostPosted: Wed January 23rd, 2013, 08:52 GMT 

Nosferatu wrote:
Last rumours! from a friend who works close to the Dylan management. Normaly most of what he is saying is believable.

1. There will be at least 1 or two legs this year.
2. Australien in summer is at this point out of any question. (if the band problems will be solved the tour is planned to start in March or April in Australia and probably some Asian dates).
3. Charlie is more or less out. There is talk that Stu, Donie and George (one or all) might also leave the band. If Charlie stays its also possible that everything remains the same.
4. Duke isn't 100% because of the leaked rumours. (Sony and probably Bob don't like that)
5. There are negotiations about Freddy Koella but not finished till today.
6. There are also negotiations about a multiinstrumentalist.
7. Most likely there will be a tour start in Summer Europe, than US leg. With beginning of summer we will get the first dates late March.
9. The Dylan Thomas thing is a joke. No one is even thinking of anything next year. Also we all know that Bob took his name not because of Dylan Thomas and Bob never liked this connection.

Nothing you mentioned here will happen (Sony and probably Bob don't like that [leaked rumours])

btw:
is Sony involved in band concerns at all?
2013 - 1941 = 72

PostPosted: Wed January 23rd, 2013, 11:29 GMT 
Promethium Member

Thank you Nosferatu. Most of what you posted makes sense to me.
All the more important to get out and see Bob again (and again) in 2013.
Meanwhile, our friend Derek at Isis has only this to say:

We have no firm news re touring in 2013 other than the report in ISIS last year that talks have taken place with a Japanese promoter and that dates there, and possibly elsewhere in the Far East, may take place in spring/summer 2013.

PostPosted: Wed January 23rd, 2013, 11:49 GMT 
Promethium Member

Don't tell me you all believe that long listing post up there. If nothing changes everything will stay the same is not a proper rumor. :?

PostPosted: Wed January 23rd, 2013, 12:39 GMT 
Senior Moderator

DaniArrow wrote:
Nosferatu wrote:

I think this is good. Not the less shows part, but the arrangements and smaller venues thing. Maybe we'll hear some songs he hasn't done in a while then, also his voice sounds better on the slower, gloomier songs like Scarlet Town.

I disagree. I'm not thrilled with this at all. I'm concerned about the mention that his health might not be good. I could care less about shows if he's not well in some way. I hope that rumor is wrong :( :!:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 53  Next