Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed February 21st, 2018, 09:25 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sun August 14th, 2011, 03:00 GMT 

dogtear72 wrote:

Out of the 14 prior Bob Dylan concerts I've been to (not including the 30th anniversary concert, that is in a category of its own), the Ryman show was THE BEST SHOW EVER, even if the autograph hadn't occured. First of all, for those of you who have never attended The Ryman for a show (this was my first time there): It is the former home of The Grand Ole Opry. It is the most beautiful and unique venue I've ever attended. The atmosphere is mezmorizing. The interior has stained glass windows, church pews for seating, tounge and groove pine floor, very nice lobby that includes a bronze sculpture (Minnie Pearl & Roy Acuff) and the front row view was unbelieveable (there is nothing inbetween you and the stage)! VERY cool place! This all set the stage for THE BEST SHOW EVER!

Kerry, (Thanks) & thanks for the beautiful description. Someone pulled up a reminder thread on the General Discussion of others remembering their Best ones, and seems like there are many, many great ones-But for me, too, this was unforgettable

PostPosted: Mon August 15th, 2011, 10:13 GMT 

Heres an interview with Dylan May

http://www.examiner.com/bob-dylan-in-na ... -the-ryman

really cool kid! congrats dogtear

I like it how he didnt even bother to tell the kids in his class about it, bc he knew they wouldnt care, but all of his teachers knew how special it was.

PostPosted: Tue August 16th, 2011, 05:20 GMT 

I just received a Youtube video from someone that attended the concert at The Ryman Auditorium in Nashville on 8-1-11. THE VIDEO SHOWS BOB DYLAN SIGNING MY SON'S HARMONICA! OMG! I can't believe my son & I were so OVERWHELMED with emotion that we could not put the chain of events of the autograph in order. My son & I both believed that just prior to the autograph that Bob & the band finished performing "Blowin' In The Wind" & were in "shows over formation". But, it actually occurred while Bob & the band were just finishing up "Blowin' In The Wind". I remember screaming "THANK YOU SO MUCH" after he signed it. You can see Bob in the video look at us & shake his head when he returns to the center of the stage, as to say "your welcome"! WOW! This video is another wonderful momento for my son & I to enjoy for the rest of our lives! IT IS AWESOME! :D

The autograph occurs at about 2:40 into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoCOpEdSwrU

PostPosted: Tue August 16th, 2011, 06:53 GMT 

Haha, that's fantastic vision! I especially love the little runaround at the end, pretty much saying "tadaa!".

A weird and wonderful moment of Bob live. Congrats again.

PostPosted: Tue August 16th, 2011, 08:31 GMT 
Mercury Member

Nappy wrote:
Haha, that's fantastic vision! I especially love the little runaround at the end, pretty much saying "tadaa!".
A weird and wonderful moment of Bob live. Congrats again.

Yes, an excellent video..... and it was that little circle back that made me laugh too..... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue August 16th, 2011, 13:36 GMT 
Senior Moderator

I think it's great that someone was able to get such a great shot of this occuring! What a nice remembrance for young Dylan to have. Hopefully it won't disappear.

Love the little dose-e-doe Bob does when he sashays back to the mic. For a minute, I thought he was Fred Astaire. :mrgreen:

I love his boots - perfect for dancin'.

PostPosted: Tue August 16th, 2011, 13:54 GMT 

How wonderful to see it occur.............he just swooped down and changed your lives...:-).

PostPosted: Wed December 7th, 2011, 21:39 GMT 

Hey Girl!
This is Rachal and Chris, we sat next to you at the concert when Bob Dylan signed Dylan's harmonica. It was so awesome to see! We were so happy for you guys! Chris said Bob kept looking at your son throughout the show. I am creating a collage of sorts for Chris of that night. I was wondering if you got any good pics of the theater, etc? I only have 2 pics but I would be happy to send you those.
Talk to you soon!
Rachal

PostPosted: Sat December 10th, 2011, 07:43 GMT 

Wow, so happy you found this topic! Of course we can exchange pics! Private message me your email address. We talked about exchanging emails before Bob autographed the harmonica & with all of the excitement we didn't get a chance to. Your husband is the reason I took my cell phone out of my purse to try & get pics/videos. When I saw your husband taking pics with his phone I thought if he's getting away with it I'm going to try too! I would have never gotten the video just prior to the autograph or the beautiful picture of him signing the harmonica if it wasn't for your husband. I really wasn't even going to try. I've seen people practically get tackled with cameras at his concerts. My brother was one of them!

For those of you who might be wondering how Dylan (my son) has been doing: In the month following the concert at the Ryman (September) Dylan was accepted into the Curb Youth Symphony at the Blair School of Music at Vanderbilt, playing assistant to the 3rd chair on french horn. The orchestra consists of 110 young musicians in 8th to 12th grade. Dylan is the youngest member (at 12) & the only 7th grader. He had only been playing the french horn for 9 months when he was accepted. Their first performance was at the Schermerhorn in Nashville on October 1, 2011 (exactly 2 months after the Ryman concert). The orchestra is also going to get to play side-by-side with the Nashville Symphony in the spring/2012. I'll be posting more videos of Dylan on his youtube channel (frenchhorn0) soon, for those of you who might be interested. I am so proud of him & I STILL can't believe Bob autographed that harmonica! (4 months later) :lol:

PostPosted: Mon January 2nd, 2012, 09:11 GMT 

Location: The mystic garden, outside the chelsea hotel, near Montague Street...
Great story mate! I'm only 14 and me and my dad a similar situation ,

Didn't meet God (bob) but I met his band ... On the Australian tour 2011, me and my dad went to every concert, this was the Adelaide concert, we went to a door which i think led down to the backstage, and a man walked out, it was a cook for the venue, we offered him $1000 dollars in cash to give him for him to let us down to see bob, he was very tempted but didn't take it (we didn't have the money, but you never make Anyway he said he has Steak and red wine. After the concert (which was incredible) me and my dad got a tram up into the town, we sat on a bench for about 1 hour, we met B.B. Kings drummer who supported him. Anyway as time went on i seen charlie sexton come out the hotel (the hilton) having a fag, We went over but it was to late. So we just went inside the hilton, this is gods honest truth, there was no security, there was a woman at reception, we asked her for a pen she gave us one, didn't ask who we were or anything, we looked over at bar and there was his band! We couldn't believe it, we walked over, and we was there for about 10 minutes, they was so nice to, was asking us questions, charlie sexton was explaining how he played All along the watchtower. It was the most amazing night of my life, wouldn't have been if bob was there, but we came very close..

I don't know how to put pictures on , cos' i would.Wish I was as lucky as your son.

:)

PostPosted: Mon January 2nd, 2012, 10:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

Well obviously it's safer not to have security everywhere since that just would make people think there must be some important person staying there, and become nosy, and you'd never get to see him anyway. You could stay at the same hotel as him and never get to see him, as I did (coincidentally) a few times.

PostPosted: Mon January 2nd, 2012, 16:29 GMT 
Promethium Member

Isis_ wrote:
Great story mate! I'm only 14 and me and my dad a similar situation ,

Didn't meet God (bob) but I met his band ... On the Australian tour 2011, me and my dad went to every concert, this was the Adelaide concert, we went to a door which i think led down to the backstage, and a man walked out, it was a cook for the venue, we offered him $1000 dollars in cash to give him for him to let us down to see bob, he was very tempted but didn't take it (we didn't have the money, but you never make Anyway he said he has Steak and red wine. After the concert (which was incredible) me and my dad got a tram up into the town, we sat on a bench for about 1 hour, we met B.B. Kings drummer who supported him. Anyway as time went on i seen charlie sexton come out the hotel (the hilton) having a fag, We went over but it was to late. So we just went inside the hilton, this is gods honest truth, there was no security, there was a woman at reception, we asked her for a pen she gave us one, didn't ask who we were or anything, we looked over at bar and there was his band! We couldn't believe it, we walked over, and we was there for about 10 minutes, they was so nice to, was asking us questions, charlie sexton was explaining how he played All along the watchtower. It was the most amazing night of my life, wouldn't have been if bob was there, but we came very close..

I don't know how to put pictures on , cos' i would.Wish I was as lucky as your son.

:)

:shock: :arrow: 8) :arrow: :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5