Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu October 2nd, 2014, 12:26 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat August 27th, 2011, 12:38 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Belle - about Milky's tent. She brings it with her alot if there's a GA line.

Last November we had an unseasonably cold month in Massachusetts. We got our tents and headed to the Lowell show, which was one of 3 we attended. Anyway, I tried the handle to the venue when we got there and lo and behold, we got into the vestibule and were able to sleep inside. The venue guys found us in the morning and weren't totally happy we got inside the building. They were more embarassed than pissed we got in, I think. They'd left and left the building open. We didn't venture anywhere and stayed in the hallway just to get in from the bitter cold.

Outfitting the tents with all the creature comforts is a great idea. If only.... :(

It ain't easy being a BD fan.

PostPosted: Sat August 27th, 2011, 12:41 GMT 

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
Belle - about Milky's tent. She brings it with her alot if there's a GA line.

Last November we had an unseasonably cold month in Massachusetts. We got our tents and headed to the Lowell show, which was one of 3 we attended. Anyway, I tried the handle to the venue when we got there and lo and behold, we got into the vestibule and were able to sleep inside. The venue guys found us in the morning and weren't totally happy we got inside the building. They were more embarassed than pissed we got in, I think. They'd left and left the building open. We didn't venture anywhere but the hallway to get in from the bitter cold.

Outfitting the tents with all the creature comforts is a great idea. If only.... :(

It ain't easy being a BD fan.

:lol: But then you get a super reward like your last Boston show and it's all worthwhile. I didn't know you had a little tent too. Seriously, I think that's a genius idea.

PostPosted: Sat August 27th, 2011, 12:45 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Yeah, we got to most of the shows together. We usually have a carload of people; some with tents, some without. Luckily we don't have to use them all that often.

PostPosted: Sat August 27th, 2011, 12:46 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Roll's got an umbrella that says "Expecting Rain" on it. She had her photo taken by some guy when we were sitting under it to get out of the sun on Sunday. Lots of people comment to her on it. We used to make fun of her when she took it. She's a hot ticket, too.

PostPosted: Sat August 27th, 2011, 13:35 GMT 

Boston, u should fly out here next time...i'll help with tickets!

Milkcow wrote:
I have definitely seen him fixate on one person.... he doesn't do it all the time, but I have seen it

like I said, it means nothing. it means he was entertained for that time and is off to the next venue

wham bam thank you mam!

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat August 27th, 2011, 13:41 GMT 
Senior Moderator

After my divorce is final (and my legal bills are paid). I told Milky I was gonna go to Europe to some shows when I sell my house. I also owe my buddy Clarx a visit. I've been promising....Thanks!

about wham bam...hehehe..... Yeah, I had to smoke a cigarette after he was done and I don't smoke. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat August 27th, 2011, 13:50 GMT 
Promethium Member

Let me know when you wanna go and I can help you sort things out, too. I really hope there'll be a proper summer tour here next year. We usually get one every other year ('04, '06, '08, '10) and it's always nice to go to Spain, Italy and Southern France.

PostPosted: Sat August 27th, 2011, 14:03 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Twist my arm! By then my house should be gone. Here's hoping.....
I'll talk to Milky about it, too.

Thanks, gals!

PostPosted: Sat August 27th, 2011, 14:29 GMT 

Leo, Do I know Trixie? I think I do; she never liked me, but she liked you. She IS funny and brilliant in a way. I have always said and I told her archenemy that I would rather see a video of her than of Bob. She got thrown out once last year, but behaved herself reasonably enough other places. I know this because our mutual friend from Italy was going to meet her and she is a very nice, classy person who I saw in Tucson and I don't think she would meet her again if she had totally misbehaved the last time. Trixie, Trixie, can it be you? She got her wish; she made the papers! That is a great thread about the reasons she loves him actually! Love, Joanna XOXOXO

PostPosted: Sat August 27th, 2011, 15:27 GMT 

Location: Lower Slobbovia, Slob Nobbin' with the common Bob Slobs
Johanna, yes of course. KF :D

Question: What do people do with their tents, umbrellas, etc. when it's time to go into the show?

PostPosted: Sat August 27th, 2011, 15:57 GMT 
Promethium Member

they go back in the car

PostPosted: Sat August 27th, 2011, 20:16 GMT 

Leo, we are going to Boston next year. We HAVE to experience the whole thing! I never thought about tents - you guys crack me up and yes, I know Trixie too. I have never seen her; well I kind of have and she is married and she does love Bob and she is actually funny, but I can see her being obnoxious too. I would like to write a book about her; she is actually a pretty interesting character. Love, Joanna XOXOXO

PostPosted: Sat August 27th, 2011, 23:40 GMT 
Promethium Member

Hal Jones wrote:
Milkcow wrote:
I have definitely seen him fixate on one person.... he doesn't do it all the time, but I have seen it

like I said, it means nothing. it means he was entertained for that time and is off to the next venue

remember the crazy red head dude and his buddy in Syracuse? they were having stare (squint) offs with Bobbo.

bob looked at one of the band guys and mouthed "wow" as if they were freaks... and they were in a funny way

he was fixated on them and others as well

PostPosted: Sun August 28th, 2011, 00:31 GMT 

Sweet Melinda wrote:
Dennis-88 was the guy who was first in line for that show. I wonder what his take on the nutty broad is.

I had never expected to find a thread about the whole situation here, nor a full (and well written post) on Huffington...but as some of you might know I was really upset about the whole situation. And not only about this Trixsee woman but also some other things.

Let me start to say that I was indeed first in line at the Asbury Park show, at 9 in the morning. People started to come in during the day including one very obnoxious guy who was 5th I believe...he asked me a dozen questions about Dylan ("how long does he play?" "does he play Rolling Stone?" "Does Leon Russell perform first?") and then spent the rest of the day trying to impress other people that he knew all those things I told him. During the day I had asked the security guys how the entrance would be and I heard different stories...as usual. The main security guy seemed unconcerned with safety (geez, it almost seemed like Germany) but in the end it went ok.

Anyway the first que jumpers were two and later three guys. I had seen one of them inside talking to security early in the afternoon and it seemed he knew the majority of people inside. He claimed to be with Ticketmaster and thus could go in first. I tried to stay out of the discussion but when it turned out that they had no ID and no tickets for the show anyway (!) while one of them was telling his friends to run for center stage while he talked his way in I decided to call mr. main security (who took awhile to come). Mr Obnoxious also seemed to know him so I got into a discussion with him (I really hated that guy by the end of the day and I don't hate people easily) as he claimed the guy had the right to jump the que. In the end security came and directed the group of three towards the end of the line, much to the displeasure of Mr. Obnoxious ("but you have seen him inside!" "they know everybody")

Then out of the blue about an hour before the doors open this Trixsee comes up, yelling who was first in line. At first I wanted to say nothing but people pointed at me so she came up to me. This is how I remember the conversation:

T: I just want you to know I will be on the rail tonight
Me: Oh
T: Because I was with Bob Dylan last night
Me: Oh (at this point I was already thinking "why do I have to run into lunatics today?")
T: Bob wants me up front
Me: I'm sure
T: Well I just want you to know so you are not disappointed when the security guy wants you to move
Me: Well thank you, now move out of the line
T: I'm just telling you, I will go in later
Me: Then please move

In the meantime more people got into the discussion. At some point she claimed to be Bob's wife while she was making the rounds. Then she talked to Bob's main security guy/bodyguard, who went inside after she asked him to confirm her story. The other security guys came and asked her to leave. Then Bernie (I think that's his name? Not sure) came back and somewhat upset asked for her. This led some people to believe her. More on this later.

Anyway, we make our way in and at the rail all seemed fine. The rest of the story is as the Huffington Post describes it, as off course, she had to stand right behind me screaming during the show. At some point I push her back, which gets me into trouble with the people next to her, but I apologize and after the show they told me they understood why I did that.

As for the credibility of her story, let me tell you, that it is as false as it could be. I have no idea why a few people believed her anyway, but oh well. For one, why would mr. security guy #1, who travels with Bob all the time, check her story. The funniest thing occurred during the show (which was ruined anyway) when she asked the lady next to me if Bob had a beard last night (in Jones Beach). Because when she was with him he had no beard. Sure he grows a beard overnight....

Dennis

PostPosted: Sun August 28th, 2011, 01:13 GMT 

That is a great story, Dennis. Thanks for posting it. And thanks to JSampson, the OP, for this thread. Trixseeee used to post on Bobdylan.com under another name, and then later, after being banned many times, various other names. Most members there were well aware of her obsession with Bob which these stories clearly reflect. Oddly, she was also a great defender of women and very outspoken to the point of seeming militant on the subject of womens' rights, especially speaking out against the atrocious subjection of Muslim women. "Women of the World Unite" was like her battle cry. I say oddly, because her obsession with Bob seems to be in conflict with her staunch feminist ideas. She posted a picture of herself once and was quite pretty, IMO, resembling Cher.

Amazing that Trickseeee made the front page of the Huffington Post, and that too is a great story.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mary-pauline-lowry/dont-be-a-bob-dylan-super_b_935691.html

PostPosted: Sun August 28th, 2011, 07:54 GMT 
Promethium Member

OMG:.. she looks nothing like cher.... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun August 28th, 2011, 11:46 GMT 
Mercury Member

Is she very tall?

PostPosted: Sun August 28th, 2011, 15:00 GMT 

Milkcow wrote:
OMG:.. she looks nothing like cher.... :lol:

In the picture she posted when she was following the 2010 tour and was going to a show in Florida with a male member from Florida and a female member from Italy, she did look quite a bit like Cher, dark hair in braids and very pretty. In the picture she was using for her avatar when I first joined BD.com, a woman with a high forehead wearing glasses and huge breasts in a skimpy bathing suit top - she did not. However, you could tell by the facial features it was the same woman. I never saw her in person although she said she was at the show last November in West Long Branch at the rail and dancing. I was at the rail most of the night and didn't see her. I posted a blog on BD.com prior to that concert with a cartoon picture I made of her and myself, using our avatars on the bodies of cartoon characters (Josie and the Pussycats, I think) and the lyrics to 2X2. She never commented on it so I don't know if she thought it was funny or not, though other members did. I wouldn't put it up here because I wouldn't put anyone's avatar picture up without their consent.

PostPosted: Sun August 28th, 2011, 16:17 GMT 

I hated her avatar picture; she looked awful; it was very unattractive and she should have covered her breasts up. Not that I am a prude; they just weren't attractive. I never saw that other picture Leo; do you still have it? I am a little worried about her and the fact that she is telling people she is Dylan's wife. She may have gone over the edge. She could be quite mean to people; she was never nice to me, but she was funny. I wonder how she feels making The Huffington Post - she is probably happy. If you have that picture, I am not asking you to post it here as that would probably be rude, but send it to me!!!! Love, Joanna XOXOX

PostPosted: Sun August 28th, 2011, 16:21 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Milky's right. She looks nothing like Cher. Maybe she used someone else's photo?

PostPosted: Sun August 28th, 2011, 16:34 GMT 
Titanium Member

i dont suppose she looks anything like sara dylan?

PostPosted: Sun August 28th, 2011, 17:30 GMT 

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
Milky's right. She looks nothing like Cher. Maybe she used someone else's photo?

That's a purely subjective observation. I think she looks a bit like Cher from the picture she posted after winning some money in Tampa. I think she is quite pretty. It's all subjective. She has a very nice smile and high cheekbones. And Johanna, I agree that her BD avatar photo was very unattractive but I think she probably has taken a lot of abuse and unwanted negative attention because of her huge breasts and she wanted to "put them out there" as a kind of statement like "You got a problem with my breasts?" Again, this is my take, the way I see her and read her. She certainly marches to a different drummer, and there is no doubt about that.

PostPosted: Sun August 28th, 2011, 19:05 GMT 

Belle Laugh wrote:
:shock: For some reason, I thought Trixie was one of those unreal characters created to make an example of things- a way to talk about subjects and pontificate on them- a pointatable, sort of, one of the many faces of Eve-the toe bone connected to the ankle bone and all that!
Anyway,
The concert I saw with a seat nearest to the stage was enlivened by seeing fans who kept streaming up and doing their fanly things, then being carted away by security. -The antics were part of the fun of the experience. I really Loved watching the crowd, and hope to see more. I did gain a greater appreciation for the job that security people do and the necessity of it-which had never even occurred to me before seeing all the things that went on from that vantage point, and how it prob could become a situation without the good restraints. So, even though watching people do their thing is fun, it's also good to see the security on stage, sort of in the wings, at the ready. In Evansville a couple of weeks ago, there were some super-zealous people who worked for the venue who seemed kind of grouchy and as if taking it out on the crowd somewhat, but I was with someone later who used to work at the venue and who said that the Dylan Concert was its next to the last show in that location and everyone was on edge, so sometimes you just have to "... Remember, (even while standing knee-deep in beer)everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".

One of the things I haven't experienced in person is the long, long waiting line to do a general admission show, and all the theater I've read that goes on in the lines, which sounds comically exhausting, if fun for all of the people who do it. I haven't seen, in person, Milkcow's tent that's been talked about, but that is a brilliant idea & would be the way to go for an hours long line-(& a vendor business waiting to happen :?: ). It would be cute to see a line of little brightly colored tents for the ladies on a sidewalk in front of an amphitheater. (hmmm...? I wonder if they can customize those with air-conditioning, bathroom, full-length mirrors, make-up lights, down comforter, complimentary coffee....mini bar... :lol:
[/quote]

J0hanna4Ever wrote:
I hated her avatar picture; she looked awful; it was very unattractive and she should have covered her breasts up. Not that I am a prude; they just weren't attractive. I never saw that other picture Leo; do you still have it? I am a little worried about her and the fact that she is telling people she is Dylan's wife. She may have gone over the edge. She could be quite mean to people; she was never nice to me, but she was funny. I wonder how she feels making The Huffington Post - she is probably happy. If you have that picture, I am not asking you to post it here as that would probably be rude, but send it to me!!!! Love, Joanna XOXOX

From Leocadia:
Leocadia wrote:
That is a great story, Dennis. Thanks for posting it. And thanks to JSampson, the OP, for this thread. Trixseeee used to post on Bobdylan.com under another name, and then later, after being banned many times, various other names. Most members there were well aware of her obsession with Bob which these stories clearly reflect. Oddly, she was also a great defender of women and very outspoken to the point of seeming militant on the subject of womens' rights, especially speaking out against the atrocious subjection of Muslim women. "Women of the World Unite" was like her battle cry. I say oddly, because her obsession with Bob seems to be in conflict with her staunch feminist ideas. She posted a picture of herself once and was quite pretty, IMO, resembling Cher.

Amazing that Trickseeee made the front page of the Huffington Post, and that too is a great story.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mary-pauline-lowry/dont-be-a-bob-dylan-super_b_935691.html

Wow-From all the above posts, like those, describing her with so many details from so many people, I think I owe Trixie an apology for thinking she was a created entity. and doubting she exists. The persona is so multi-facted, it appeared to me it was maybe even several people taking turns being her! I thought the "Farmer" (not Bob, <--- LOL -but those appointed with such duties-) had put the foxes in charge of the hen-house to scare off intruders and keep the chickens in line :lol: I think I've been in too many meetings where some people suggest that sort of thing to maintain control of message boards. So, I apologize, if I was mistaken. ~~ peace like a river~~~

PostPosted: Sun August 28th, 2011, 22:18 GMT 

She does look nice in the picture I saw of her and a little like Cher and it is the same person as her avatar. She is a multi-faceted character and I or somebody else should write a novel about her. She isn't a true psycho like a few of the other people I knew from the other site and she would never hurt Bob and she is smart and funny, and really, it is quite amazing that she made The Huffington Post. She is kind of mean too, but that makes her all the more fascinating. What happened to the other woman who followed Bob everywhere and was seen all over Europe? Did she make it to the U.S.? I can see writing a novel about both of them and intersecting them somehow - that wouldn't be hard to do! :lol: :lol: Really, I am not that different from her in some respects when it comes to Bob, but I try not to elbow people or cut in line, but I will lie to get up front. However, I would never say I was Bob's wife or girlfriend; that part is a little worrisome to me.

PostPosted: Mon August 29th, 2011, 00:37 GMT 

Johanna, you should really write that book. I'm serious. Where else would you have such a set of characters at your disposal, well, disposal seems like a poor choice of a word, but then again, we were disposed of weren't we. Just swept out the door like, oh I don't know, like what? Oh, I've got it: It's All Over Now, Baby Blue

You must leave now, take what you need, you think will last
Whatever you've got to take you better grab it fast,

yeah, that's the ticket. I knew the answer could be found in
one of Bob's songs. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next