Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue September 23rd, 2014, 08:18 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sat December 24th, 2011, 16:03 GMT 
Titanium Member

i was in there but once for about 20 min before i saw the time was right for me to leave, at the time they were playing a blues thing. later when i asked someone who was playing on it he said he didnt know that it it was called ' a bloomsfield blues' , nobody knew the song titles, i dont think there were any, they were in the big room tho i read later they switched to the smaller one

lanois actually stayed for a while after everybody left. later i was told that they didnt want that guy there again. lanois is cool tho. his assistant the one with the british accent is an ahole, whatever his name was.

the cameos were good shows the crowd would have it no other way. jokerman tho he didnt even finish it sputtered halfway thru. you can find some great audio of them here im sure, i put them up on the dime awhile back and should be a link here.

PostPosted: Sat December 24th, 2011, 18:33 GMT 
Promethium Member

goombay wrote:
the cameos were good shows the crowd would have it no other way. jokerman tho he didnt even finish it sputtered halfway thru. you can find some great audio of them here im sure, i put them up on the dime awhile back and should be a link here.

I'm up for being connected to that link.

PostPosted: Sat December 24th, 2011, 18:38 GMT 
Titanium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
goombay wrote:

I'm up for being connected to that link.

putting them on that mediafire file stuff takes forever so i upped them to dime and normally someone then puts on one of those zip files and ups here to the recordings section..they should be there somewhere

PostPosted: Sun December 25th, 2011, 00:28 GMT 
Titanium Member

goombay wrote:
i was in there but once for about 20 min before i saw the time was right for me to leave, at the time they were playing a blues thing. later when i asked someone who was playing on it he said he didnt know that it it was called ' a bloomsfield blues' , nobody knew the song titles, i dont think there were any, they were in the big room tho i read later they switched to the smaller one

lanois actually stayed for a while after everybody left. later i was told that they didnt want that guy there again. lanois is cool tho. his assistant the one with the british accent is an ahole, whatever his name was.

Well, maybe he didn't finish Jokerman...as stated prevously, I was up top drinking Champagne the entire night. But I think the shows were better than good. I think they were great. Second night, especially.

Anyway...have a great Christmas. You too Barefoot. Unles either of you doesn't celebrate Xmas...then...just have a great Sunday

PostPosted: Sun December 25th, 2011, 03:23 GMT 
Titanium Member

wineman wrote:
goombay wrote:

Well, maybe he didn't finish Jokerman...as stated prevously, I was up top drinking Champagne the entire night. But I think the shows were better than good. I think they were great. Second night, especially.

Anyway...have a great Christmas. You too Barefoot. Unles either of you doesn't celebrate Xmas...then...just have a great Sunday

i was hoping that he would do a rarity or two like he did when he did a club gig down here, back in 95. but it was not to be as performance goes it was as good as hes given outside of that show at the edge.
hope Santa brings everybody a Cohiba for xmas.

PostPosted: Wed December 28th, 2011, 01:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

goombay wrote:
hope Santa brings everybody a Cohiba for xmas.

No Cohibas, but some nice labeless campesinos!

PostPosted: Thu April 12th, 2012, 01:08 GMT 
Promethium Member

Wineman! You out there? You have some definite opinions about this song and it's presentation. He may be trying to trim it even more. Apparently he's got it down to this to help save time and still get it on the set list. That way, people basing their opinion of the show on the set list can say "wow!":
Early one mornin’ the sun was shinin’
I was layin’ in bed wond’rin’ what they’re doin’ with their lives
Me, I’m still on the road, headin’ for another joint
We always did feel the same, we just saw it from a different point of view
Tangled up in blue

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6