If you access the Expecting Rain Discussions from an iOS device (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad) you will have a pop-up asking whether you would like to try an TouchBB
app. The app is available in a free version, and a $0.99 version without ads.TO INSTALL AND LOG IN:
1) Download and install either TouchBB Lite
or TouchBB Forum Browser
2) Open the app. On the Home tab, you will see the active forum belonging to the app developers.
3) To change to Expecting Rain Discussions, go to the Account tab. Hit the Plus symbol in the top right corner, and enter the following details. End with Save.
Forum URL: http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions
Username: Your Username
4) In the Accounts list you will now have two entries. Make sure the tick is by Expecting Rain.
(If you wish, you can remove any account by hitting Edit and then the Delete symbol.)TO USE:
1) The tabs will always reflect the forum currently active (i.e. ticked off in Accounts). You can browse the forums from the Home tab, which gives you a good overview, or from the Forum tab, which lists the forum as on the website.
2) When viewing a topic:
- Clicking the View (eye) symbol in the top right corner will bring up back/fwd buttons and a slider to help with navigation within the current topic.
- Clicking the View symbol also brings up the Reply button. Use this to write a response.
3) To start a new topic:
- Go to the Forum tab.
- Go to the subforum you wish to post in.
- Click the Write symbol in top right corner. Enter a subject and your message, and end with clicking Save.These are the basic features. Have a look around the app to familiarise with the rest.