Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat November 18th, 2017, 10:01 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: The Beaten Path
PostPosted: Mon November 21st, 2016, 12:02 GMT 

They never responded to my email, so I reached out on Twitter again: @HalcyonGallery As requested I sent an email about my incomplete @bobdylan The Beaten Path order 5 days ago. No response. Make this right!

They responded:
Halcyon Gallery ‏@HalcyonGallery Nov 17 City of London, London
@scottwarmuth1 Hi Scott, the canvas bag was shipped & will be with you soon. apologies again for the inconvenience, thank for your patience!
==
Still no bag, and still no response via email. The catalog itself came within the timeframe that has passed.

https://twitter.com/scottwarmuth1/statu ... 6168645633

PostPosted: Tue November 22nd, 2016, 11:02 GMT 
Promethium Member

Today, I received in the mail the elusive canvas bag. I hadn't had an email reply from Halcyon before.

PostPosted: Wed November 30th, 2016, 05:54 GMT 

It finishes on December 11th at the Halcyon so I hope to get up there sometime before then. A few people I know who went have been quite enthusiastic and I am looking forward to it. There appears to be quite a few rooms full of pictures, I'll report back.

I've been to two of the other Dylan exhibitions that the Halcyon held and was quite impressed. The welded gates were fantastic!

PostPosted: Wed November 30th, 2016, 18:13 GMT 

Strike while the iron is hot I thought! I'm only at the end of the Metropolitan Line and as I had nothing in my diary for today so I went for it. The exhibition is still done by the Halcyon and it is in their New Bond Street gallery where I believe 'Mood Swings' was held. 'The Drawn Blank' exhibition was held nearby at a different location.
I was pretty impressed by some of the water colours, the exhibition was basically on two floors and the basement. That is where the bookshop is and I went to see if there was an affordable catalogue. This time around all they had was a full colour massive catalogue for £55, the canvas bag that was sized to take the catalogue was extra. There were limited edition prints of the 'Endless Highway' picture going for around £2,000, extra if you wanted it framed or otherwise mounted. No post cards or small catalogues were available this time around. Shame really, I'd have liked a souvenir but didn't fancy shelling out £55!
Some of the paintings had an instant effect and I liked them as soon as I saw them. Others were not so appealing. Can't remember all the titles but will have a look on line. There were still some exhibits from the Drawn Blank and Mood Swings exhibits on display, I just love those gates!
Overall I came away thinking "Where does the guy find the time to do all this?" He's continually touring, recording and it just seems he doesn't sit still for a moment. well worth going to see and it just enhances the legend that is Bob Dylan in another direction.

PostPosted: Wed November 30th, 2016, 18:59 GMT 
Promethium Member

dvdunplugged wrote:
No post cards or small catalogues were available this time around. Shame really, I'd have liked a souvenir but didn't fancy shelling out £55!

Did you get the A4 size catalogue / sales brochure advertising the prints? I got mine off ebay - original price on the back says 10 GBP, if you want to look into that.

PostPosted: Thu December 1st, 2016, 05:44 GMT 

No, there were none of those in either gallery (Halcyon have another gallery opposite in New Bond Street) that had a few other items from the Beaten Path on display and i checked there as well. Thanks for the tip though, I may well look around for the A4 catalogue. By the way, the 'Limited Edition' print of Endless Highway was limited to 1941 copies (the year of Bob's birth of course!). I did pick up a snippet of information whilst I was there though!

PostPosted: Mon December 12th, 2016, 21:21 GMT 

Did anyone purchase the Endless Highway that was released this year? If so, I have a few questions about framing measurements. Reply here or through a message. Thanks....grave

PostPosted: Mon December 26th, 2016, 11:58 GMT 

http://swarmuth.blogspot.no/2016/12/bob ... n.html?m=1

PostPosted: Thu December 29th, 2016, 03:55 GMT 

paid in blood wrote:
The book is an excellent, first class effort.

I completely agree. I am very impressed and have no issues with the price including shipping to the U.S.

dvdunplugged wrote:
There were limited edition prints of the 'Endless Highway' picture going for around £2,000, extra if you wanted it framed or otherwise mounted.

Did you happen to ask if these prints will be sold online if they do not sell out in the gallery?

PostPosted: Thu December 29th, 2016, 15:39 GMT 
Titanium Member

syd natanist wrote:
http://swarmuth.blogspot.no/2016/12/bob-dylans-beaten-path-selling-brooklyn.html?m=1

If anyone can explain how a person finds these clips in random movies to match up to Bob's paintings, I'd like to hear it. It seems an impossible task to me.

PostPosted: Sat December 31st, 2016, 08:27 GMT 

syd natanist wrote:
http://swarmuth.blogspot.no/2016/12/bob-dylans-beaten-path-selling-brooklyn.html?m=1

Great article!
Scott Warmuth proves (once again) that Dylan stays true to his word when he said "I've always believed that the first rule of being subversive is not to let anybody know you're being subversive." (which is actually a rearranged quote by Eddie Gorodetsky as a reader below the article explained).
While I love a hidden quote as much as the next guy (probably more :wink: ), I sometimes think "Why?". Is Dylan being subversive just because he can? Is there a point to it? Does he just find it funny that most critics take him at face value without doing any research?

But then the hidden meaning behind "Morning in Pittsburgh" was unravelled. Amazing! To think how many more (political) statements might be hidden somewhere in The Beaten Path, waiting for someone to discover them. :D

PostPosted: Wed January 18th, 2017, 09:28 GMT 

http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/painted-by-bob-dylan.html?m=1

"Norfolk (Virginia) does have a pier but it doesn't look like that, it looks like this. Bob Dylan's painting isn't of New England, it's of the North Pier in Blackpool, and it's been constructed not from the artist's perception but using a photograph I took."

PostPosted: Wed January 18th, 2017, 11:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

vagabone wrote:

"Norfolk (Virginia) does have a pier but it doesn't look like that, it looks like this. Bob Dylan's painting isn't of New England, it's of the North Pier in Blackpool, and it's been constructed not from the artist's perception but using a photograph I took."

Flickr again, huh? It's getting sickening.

PostPosted: Wed January 18th, 2017, 15:45 GMT 

I'm waiting for the day Bob paints a Spongebob meme, 9gag watermark included.

PostPosted: Fri January 20th, 2017, 11:37 GMT 

vagabone wrote:

Dylan cracks me up.

PostPosted: Fri March 10th, 2017, 21:05 GMT 

It seems that another release of limited edition signed graphics is coming soon. I assume that it will be more graphics from The Beaten Path series, but we'll see....grave