Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat September 23rd, 2017, 07:19 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu January 12th, 2017, 10:26 GMT 

When they do a documentary covering the NET, it should be called Don't Come Back

PostPosted: Thu January 12th, 2017, 12:51 GMT 

Mister.Jones wrote:
I think there are many ways Bob could go on his next album. I am fulling expecting a song about how great it is to win the Nobel Prize for instance. But personally I would like to see his career turn full circle with a return to protest music. Some would see it as covering old ground but there just seems to be much to protest against at this present time including Global Warming, Terrorism, the Indiscriminant Use of Cell Phones, Slow Service In Restaurants and The Rising Price Price of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables. I just don't think the musical youth of today have it in them to protest having been force fed a bunch of malarkey about what's real in the world from a young age. However if someone like Bob with a proven gift for writing protest songs was to re-enter that void it could kick start the genre.

Great idea, he might want to add to that though. All those annoying people who are standing or sitting in front of you who just have to hold up their phones and cameras with no consideration for those further behind. I wouldn't mind if it was just at the start or the end, but some seem to hold up a device all the way through. Oh and there's also those who decide to talk about non-related items when the show is underway. We had a couple of Herberts at the Neil Young show I went to, if you want to talk there's usually a bar. Also had two girls going on about shopping, boyfriends and hair colours when me and a mate were trying to listen to Imelda May. A song about inconsiderate people is long overdue!

PostPosted: Thu January 12th, 2017, 15:57 GMT 

McG wrote:
When they do a documentary covering the NET, it should be called Don't Come Back

:D this!!! I had to LOL ... I needed this laugh!!!!

PostPosted: Thu January 12th, 2017, 16:17 GMT 
Mercury Member

McG wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri January 13th, 2017, 23:27 GMT 

McG wrote:

Eat the Setlist?