Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu June 29th, 2017, 16:02 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue June 9th, 2015, 20:53 GMT 
Years ago I was invited to be an ER moderator, and I wish I had taken the job because you, SP, would be banned if I had a say. Here is a public forum you are making racist, bigoted remarks. If you had named the Dylan biographers you label anti-semitic--an absurd remark--then that is libel. You better get a grip before you push your agenda any further. It would be better for all of us if you found a like-minded bunch of quacks with whom to pontificate your hateful thoughts. I told you my college French professor was a Holocaust survivor who escaped certain death only by the intervention of good men and women who risked their lives to save his life, and they were not Jewish. If my professor read your remarks, he would readily recognized how misguided you are.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Tue June 9th, 2015, 22:30 GMT 

Joined: Thu November 13th, 2014, 04:37 GMT
Posts: 754
Location: Oregon Diaspora
Shalom & Boker tov...one learns...I shall never, under any circumstances, be contacting here, or privately, 'dharma'; I consider it one of my deepest errors in thinking this individual had a parachute mind. The level of judaeophobia exhibited speaks for itself. I was partially raised by KZ 246744, and will survive quite comfortably with her love and guidance, and she taught me well... Yehu'dim are not a 'race' (despite the Nuremberg statutes which wanted to parse us into categories), nor can a Yehu'di be a 'bigot'. Alas...I do not need lectures about 'righteous gentiles'; KZ 246744 met them in 1945, and they literally nursed her 65 pound body into health. I would appreciate you never contacting me again, here or at my address.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
STEPHAN PICKERING / Chafetz Chayim benAvraham


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue June 9th, 2015, 22:59 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue January 29th, 2013, 15:22 GMT
Posts: 1262
Location: The Zoom & the Roar & the Thrust
stephanpickering wrote:
I shall never, under any circumstances, be contacting here, or privately, 'dharma'; I consider it one of my deepest errors in thinking this individual had a parachute mind. The level of judaeophobia exhibited speaks for itself.

A slur that is not only ridiculous, but almost beyond belief. You may be kidding yourself (sad, if true), but no-one else.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue June 9th, 2015, 23:03 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed September 14th, 2011, 13:25 GMT
Posts: 12324
Location: Wherever I am welcome
How much, how much, how much longer?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue June 9th, 2015, 23:05 GMT 

Joined: Thu November 13th, 2014, 04:37 GMT
Posts: 754
Location: Oregon Diaspora
Zeppelin Crumble wrote:
stephanpickering wrote:
I shall never, under any circumstances, be contacting here, or privately, 'dharma'; I consider it one of my deepest errors in thinking this individual had a parachute mind. The level of judaeophobia exhibited speaks for itself.

A slur that is not only ridiculous, but almost beyond belief. You may be kidding yourself (sad, if true), but no-one else.


Shalom & Boker tov...I apologise if the adjective is interpreted as a 'slur'. It is nor, but is meant to convey my interpolation of what has been hurled at me. I shall not be commenting further in this thread. There is no dialogue here.
STEPHAN PICKERING / Chafetz Chayim benAvraham


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed June 10th, 2015, 00:08 GMT 
Zeppelin Crumble wrote:
stephanpickering wrote:
I shall never, under any circumstances, be contacting here, or privately, 'dharma'; I consider it one of my deepest errors in thinking this individual had a parachute mind. The level of judaeophobia exhibited speaks for itself.

A slur that is not only ridiculous, but almost beyond belief. You may be kidding yourself (sad, if true), but no-one else.


Okay, I have been here since 2008. Because there is such wonderful tolerance, openness and acceptance here, I have always felt completely safe to express myself. Sometimes I have been funny, sometimes I have been sad, sometimes I’ve shared little things that have happened in my life (remember the plumber story?), I have come here for consolation, to talk when I have no one to talk to, sometimes I have been angry, but when I’ve been angry, I’ve always come back and apologized. I have made here two friends I count among my very best friends. Two people I have never met.

I could never have conceived of creating a “foe” list. But because stephenpickerings posts were becoming so offensive to me, I blocked his posts.

But because Zeppelin Crumble pasted in sp’s post into his post above, I can read that he has said about me.

Earlier today I brought this matter to the attention of the Moderators. I recommended that stephenpickering be given a Warning. If he crosses the line again and makes another offensive remark, I suggested that he be banned. I am copying this and sending it to the Moderators. This is beyond the pale. This is shocking: The level of judaeophobia exhibited speaks for itself.[


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed June 10th, 2015, 00:45 GMT 
I am not that. I will not be called that. My achievements and advocacy for the under-represented, the impoverished, and the needy, for twenty years, have been a ten hour a day unpaid commitment.

I demand an apology from Stephen Pickering. I want it posted right here.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed June 10th, 2015, 01:03 GMT 

Joined: Thu November 13th, 2014, 04:37 GMT
Posts: 754
Location: Oregon Diaspora
dharma.wheel wrote:
I am not that. I will not be called that. My achievements and advocacy for the under-represented, the impoverished, and the needy, for twenty years, have been a ten hour a day unpaid commitment.

I demand an apology from Stephen Pickering. I want it posted right here.


Shalom & Erev tov...your requested apology is given. I retract the use of the word 'judaeophobia'.
STEPHAN PICKERING / Chafetz Chayim benAvraham

SENT TO MODERATORS BY ME
Shalom & Erev tov...I have apologised to this individual, and retracted the use of a word I consider applicable but which she does not. She has deeply angered me (which I am not usually prone to be), but it is not worth the effort to maintain any kind of 'conversation' with her.

Laila tov/good evening...Stephan P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed June 10th, 2015, 03:54 GMT 
Shalom & Erev tov...your requested apology is given. I retract the use of the word 'judaeophobia'.
STEPHAN PICKERING / Chafetz Chayim benAvraham

SENT TO MODERATORS BY ME
Shalom & Erev tov...I have apologised to this individual, and retracted the use of a word I consider applicable but which she does not. She has deeply angered me (which I am not usually prone to be), but it is not worth the effort to maintain any kind of 'conversation' with her.

Laila tov/good evening...Stephan P


Stephenpickering’s “apology” is without a doubt not an apology. The words addressed to the moderatotors “I conside applicable but she does not” were carefully chosen to masquerade the fact that it is not a true apology. I demand a real and sincere apology to me alone that nothing I have said here intimates that I am an anti-semite. I can intuit that I am not the first person to encounter this bullyng and I will not stand for it not just or myself, but for all who have faced demeaning and false judgements fom this poster.

1. I did and said nothing whatsoever to offend or “anger” him”;

2, I shared with Stephen stories from the life of my 94 year old Holocaust survivor college French professor, Justus Rosenberg. I can use Justus’s name publicly because Justus gave The Shoah Foundation ten hours of video and testimony in 1996 and thus he is a public figure. I told Stephen that Justus has related how, while in hiding as a teenager in Occupied France, he escaped certain death with the help of non-Jews who were clearly aware that they were endangering their own lives to save him. During his Shaoh testimony Justus uses these words: If these people had been caught they would have been shot in the head. After Justus was caught by the French Police, hours before being deported from France straight to Auschwitz, Justus was smuggled out and hidden by a Catholic priest until Justus was given an opportunity to slip unnoticed back to the French underground...by foot. Justus obtained a college teaching position (and worked through a Ph.D) through the help of a liberating American GI. Justus has read the New Testament and together we have reflected on New Testament passages.

3. If you read the trascript of this exchange carefully, it is clear that stephenpickering condemns all the good people I have cited. Why? Because they are not Jewish. And according to Mr. Pickering I infer that the fact that if you are not a Jew, you are an antisemite. Mr. Pickering has called me an antisemite and I gave him no cause whatsoever to do so. Ask Justus Roenbeng. my cherished friend of 35 years if I am an anti-Semite, or if any of the good non-Jews is an anti-Semite, simply because he or she is not Jewish. Stepenpickering has labeled prominent Dylan biogaphers anti-Semite with no grounds of justification. In the US, there laws protecting victims of serious and inflammatory acusations.

However unbalanced Mr Pickering may be, he is clearly balanced enough to not “excused” from giving me a sincere, no strings attached, not sly, not back-handed apology.
I will not back down after being slandered until I get that sincere apology. Mr. Pickering is equipped to make that apology. If he refuses to apology properly, that is only more proof positive that he should be banned.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed June 10th, 2015, 04:01 GMT 
raging_glory wrote:
How much, how much, how much longer?


How much longer? Until this is solved to my satisfactions. Problems on ER in the past have involved bad langauage, rude remarks, and stupid insults.

This is not a stupid insult. This is a clear, calculated defamation of an individual, calling her an anti-semite. I doubt ER has dealt before with a crisis of this proportion.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed June 10th, 2015, 04:03 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue August 28th, 2007, 07:16 GMT
Posts: 23492
Location: any where a music tragic might be found
I agree with dharma.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed June 10th, 2015, 04:06 GMT 

Joined: Thu November 13th, 2014, 04:37 GMT
Posts: 754
Location: Oregon Diaspora
dharma.wheel wrote:
Shalom & Erev tov...your requested apology is given. I retract the use of the word 'judaeophobia'.
STEPHAN PICKERING / Chafetz Chayim benAvraham

SENT TO MODERATORS BY ME
Shalom & Erev tov...I have apologised to this individual, and retracted the use of a word I consider applicable but which she does not. She has deeply angered me (which I am not usually prone to be), but it is not worth the effort to maintain any kind of 'conversation' with her.

Laila tov/good evening...Stephan P


Stephenpickering’s “apology” is without a doubt not an apology. The words addressed to the moderatotors “I conside applicable but she does not” were carefully chosen to masquerade the fact that it is not a true apology. I demand a real and sincere apology to me alone that nothing I have said here intimates that I am an anti-semite. I can intuit that I am not the first person to encounter this bullyng and I will not stand for it not just or myself, but for all who have faced demeaning and false judgements fom this poster.

1. I did and said nothing whatsoever to offend or “anger” him”;

2, I shared with Stephen stories from the life of my 94 year old Holocaust survivor college French professor, Justus Rosenberg. I can use Justus’s name publicly because Justus gave The Shoah Foundation ten hours of video and testimony in 1996 and thus he is a public figure. I told Stephen that Justus has related how, while in hiding as a teenager in Occupied France, he escaped certain death with the help of non-Jews who were clearly aware that they were endangering their own lives to save him. During his Shaoh testimony Justus uses these words: If these people had been caught they would have been shot in the head. After Justus was caught by the French Police, hours before being deported from France straight to Auschwitz, Justus was smuggled out and hidden by a Catholic priest until Justus was given an opportunity to slip unnoticed back to the French underground...by foot. Justus obtained a college teaching position (and worked through a Ph.D) through the help of a liberating American GI. Justus has read the New Testament and together we have reflected on New Testament passages.

3. If you read the trascript of this exchange carefully, it is clear that stephenpickering condemns all the good people I have cited. Why? Because they are not Jewish. And according to Mr. Pickering I infer that the fact that if you are not a Jew, you are an antisemite. Mr. Pickering has called me an antisemite and I gave him no cause whatsoever to do so. Ask Justus Roenbeng. my cherished friend of 35 years if I am an anti-Semite, or if any of the good non-Jews is an anti-Semite, simply because he or she is not Jewish. Stepenpickering has labeled prominent Dylan biogaphers anti-Semite with no grounds of justification. In the US, there laws protecting victims of serious and inflammatory acusations.

However unbalanced Mr Pickering may be, he is clearly balanced enough to not “excused” from giving me a sincere, no strings attached, not sly, not back-handed apology.
I will not back down after being slandered until I get that sincere apology. Mr. Pickering is equipped to make that apology. If he refuses to apology properly, that is only more proof positive that he should be banned.


Shalom & Erev tov...I am making here a sincere, total, 'no strings attached, not sly, not back-handed apology'. I was wrong in my choice of words. You are not an antisemite, nor have you ever made an antisemitic remark to me here, or in private. I stand corrected in my poor choice of words, and I apologise for my over-reacting to what I consider(ed) words exchanged. You are not an antisemite, but I am not a natz'ri/'christian', but in our differences we should be able to find commonality.
STEPHAN PICKERING / Chafetz Chayim benAvraham
9 June 2015 / 22 Sivan 5775


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed June 10th, 2015, 04:47 GMT 
Oldmanteau, if I may ask you, would you say so to BABF and charlesdarwin? These are the two moderators I have contacted/ Thank you!

dw


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed June 10th, 2015, 04:57 GMT 
Shalom & Erev tov...I am making here a sincere, total, 'no strings attached, not sly, not back-handed apology'. I was wrong in my choice of words. You are not an antisemite, nor have you ever made an antisemitic remark to me here, or in private. I stand corrected in my poor choice of words, and I apologise for my over-reacting to what I consider(ed) words exchanged. You are not an antisemite, but I am not a natz'ri/'christian', but in our differences we should be able to find commonality.
STEPHAN PICKERING / Chafetz Chayim benAvraham
9 June 2015 / 22 Sivan 5775

Thank you for your sincere apology. I hope this examination has offered you some insight into the thought and actions of others. I respect you for taking the courageous step to apologize. Thank you for recognizing that I am not an anti-semite. I agree that in "our differences we should find commonality.” We think we we have found it.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group