I think given the heightened activity of the spirituality thread and the like, the time is nigh to revisit the Christian Trilogy.. examining it's net worth, and so on. Over time, Saved has grown on me, as has Shot of Love, but my favorite has always been Slow Train Coming....
here are the highlights according to Raging Glory's ongoing research:
The definitive Slow Train Coming, based on a compilation of 6 lists up to this point.
1. Precious Angel (appeared in 5 of 6 lists, 28 points)
2. Do Right To Me Baby (appeared in 3 of 6 lists, 23 points)
3. I Believe In You (appeared in 3 of 6 lists, 22 points)
4. When He Returns (appeared in 2 of 6 lists, 13 points)
5. Gotta Serve Somebody (appeared in 4 of 6 lists, 12 points)
The definitive Shot of Love, based on a compilation of 8 lists up to this point.
1. Every Grain of Sand (appeared on 8 of 8 lists, 56 points)
2. In The Summertime (appeared on 6 of 8 lists, 28 points)
3. The Groom's Still Waiting At the Altar (appeared on 5 of 8 lists, 27 points)
4. Heart of Mine (appeared on 6 of 8 lists, 24 points)
5. Property of Jesus (appeared on 4 of 8 lists, 13 points)
Saved: not compiled yet...
All due respect to Raging Glory, I did that research. The credit belongs to me
, and Saved will be done as soon as I have enough free time. Hopefully tomorrow, if not tomorrow, then at least within a few days.
By the way I just listened to a lot of the songs from Saved and Shot of Love today when I was driving to town to get myself some brewskies, and as I always do when driving around listening to Bob I found them quite enjoyable, maybe I was in a more upbeat mood than normal, but I really had a fun time listening to Saved, Solid Rock and Property of Jesus. I was singing them at the top of my lungs as I drove and really "getting down" as they say. Good times