Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed June 26th, 2019, 04:22 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu September 27th, 2018, 18:16 GMT 

Series Of Dreams Osaka-jo Hall Osaka 12 Februari 1994

https://youtu.be/APxaU4I67xc

Concert # 542 of The Never-Ending Tour. Concert # 6 of the 1994 Far East Tour. 1994 concert # 6.

Concert # 86 with the 9th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), John Jackson (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), Winston Watson (drums & percussion).
(StillOnTheRoad)

Thanks Billy4

PostPosted: Wed October 10th, 2018, 14:27 GMT 

Good stuff. He'd supposedly quit drinking that year. Although the song's arrangement isn't perfect, if he gave it more of a chance it could've evolved into a setlist highlight -- an "Idiot Wind" for sleepwalkers.

PostPosted: Sat October 20th, 2018, 05:42 GMT 
Promethium Member

Wow, great to see some video of this arrangement. While a bit wild in places, the performance has some nice moments. Also, while Winston was a top-end Dylan drummer by any measure, surely we can agree he had hands down the most and greatest hair of any Dylan drummer?

PostPosted: Tue November 6th, 2018, 10:55 GMT 

Wow, thanks for this. Long been one of all-time favourite Dylan performances. Great to see the footage, and good footage - nice colours, well framed, steady camera...

PostPosted: Sat June 1st, 2019, 17:06 GMT 

Wow thank you so much, these outings of series of dreams in 93/94 I do love, he sings with so much venom, gives his cracked voice everything he has. Maybe the drink has something to do with it but on songs like this and the vicious visions from 92 mineapolis, I think it helps with these more uptempo versions.

This one for me is a little flat compared to my favourite, in 93, Austria Vienna I believe, I'd have to check. Was the only 93 performance.

Its always wonderful, after listening to a live track over and over through your life then suddenly there it is in visual form. Magical.

Like that romance in durango I think, (memory fail) that popped up few years ago, from London 03 I think. To SEE him sing that after only hearing him sing it after near 100 listens was wonderful.

Dark eyes with pattie Smith being another, and the Holy grail, the fcuk you like a rolling stone from NDH.

Is there any person on you tube, without giving away channels etc on hERe that would have have a look over my favourites list to see if he has video of it? Might be too much to ask tbh

PostPosted: Sun June 2nd, 2019, 00:01 GMT 

escapeedrifter wrote:
Wow thank you so much, these outings of series of dreams in 93/94 I do love, he sings with so much venom, gives his cracked voice everything he has. Maybe the drink has something to do with it but on songs like this and the vicious visions from 92 mineapolis, I think it helps with these more uptempo versions.

This one for me is a little flat compared to my favourite, in 93, Austria Vienna I believe, I'd have to check. Was the only 93 performance.

Its always wonderful, after listening to a live track over and over through your life then suddenly there it is in visual form. Magical.

Like that romance in durango I think, (memory fail) that popped up few years ago, from London 03 I think. To SEE him sing that after only hearing him sing it after near 100 listens was wonderful.

Dark eyes with pattie Smith being another, and the Holy grail, the fcuk you like a rolling stone from NDH.

Is there any person on you tube, without giving away channels etc on hERe that would have have a look over my favourites list to see if he has video of it? Might be too much to ask tbh

Series Of Dreams (Wolf Trap, Vienna, VA August 8, 1993)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/7xth7m

Audio pnly, if a video exist i beg to be pointed in that direction.