Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed June 26th, 2019, 04:19 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun December 30th, 2018, 07:46 GMT 

When I Paint My Masterpiece Live 27 November 2018 Beacon Theatre NYC

https://youtu.be/vknb4SGdAjI

Thanks nbmkms.

"When I Paint My Masterpiece" is a 1971 song written by Bob Dylan. It was first released by The Band, who recorded the song for their album Cahoots. Dylan himself recorded the song in the March 1971 sessions at New York's Blue Rock Studio where he was backed by Leon Russell and his current touring band. From these sessions also came the 45 RPM single "Watching the River Flow", released by CBS Records. Both songs appeared later in the year on Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits Vol. II, with Russell credited as the producer.

A couple of weeks later, Dylan returned to Blue Rock to work on alternate lyrics for this song. Dylan came alone to the studio and accompanied his singing on acoustic piano. This version was released in 2013 on The Bootleg Series Vol. 10: Another Self Portrait (1969–1971).

Dylan and The Band performed the song together live, in the early hours of January 1, 1972, at a New Year's Eve concert by The Band; a recording was released as a bonus track on the 2001 CD reissue of The Band's live album Rock of Ages.

The Band performed the song at the 1992 Bob Dylan tribute concert. The recording is on the CD of the event. (Wikipedia)

PostPosted: Sun February 10th, 2019, 02:28 GMT 

"I'm gonna stay right there and turn my back on the world for a while.
Gonna stay right there and paint my masterpiece."

Some nice lyric changes throughout.