Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue June 18th, 2019, 23:15 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Fri May 3rd, 2019, 09:55 GMT 
Promethium Member

hjh wrote:
Dylan playing "Dignity" in Bilbao: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeeJImmYj0Q

First performance since 2012.

I combined the clean audio track recorded by "Markitospb" with some footage shared by a generous concertgoer.

Thanks for posting the cleaner version, hjh.

PostPosted: Sat May 18th, 2019, 18:19 GMT 
Titanium Member

That Bilbao performance is incredible. Wasn't expecting it to be that good!

PostPosted: Sat May 18th, 2019, 18:43 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
That Bilbao performance is incredible. Wasn't expecting it to be that good!

The final one in Fuengirola is the best, perhaps he was happy he had nailed it sufficiently that he dropped it from then on?

PostPosted: Sat May 18th, 2019, 18:53 GMT 

mp3 links to all six performances from the European spring tour of 2019 can be found on http://www.notdarkyet.org/

the first one in Bilbao is from the lbp51 recording

spot in Porto captured the only appearance of "dry bone dreeeeaaams"

the other four are soomlos recordings, and to my ears the one in Gijon has the best sound

PostPosted: Sun May 19th, 2019, 09:13 GMT 

Maybe just me, but always suspected this song was inspired by Gene Kelly's 'Dignity' speech in the movie Singing In The Rain.

Never heard about the Pistol Pete connection before.

Who but Dylan could slip in a hilarious line like, Combing his hair back, his future looks thin... i love it.

PostPosted: Sun May 19th, 2019, 12:09 GMT 
Senior Moderator

notdarkyet wrote:
mp3 links to all six performances from the European spring tour of 2019 can be found on http://www.notdarkyet.org/

the other four are soomlos recordings, and to my ears the one in Gijon has the best sound

Not strictly on topic just an observation, but it's an amazing thing about fandom that I can sit here on a Sunday lunchtime when (to put it mildly) there's lots I should be doing and listen to six consecutive performances of a 30 year-old song by a 78 year-old bloke and come away thinking I haven't wasted my time and that my life's better for having done it. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 19th, 2019, 14:44 GMT 

charlesdarwin wrote:
notdarkyet wrote:

Not strictly on topic just an observation, but it's an amazing thing about fandom that I can sit here on a Sunday lunchtime when (to put it mildly) there's lots I should be doing and listen to six consecutive performances of a 30 year-old song by a 78 year-old bloke and come away thinking I haven't wasted my time and that my life's better for having done it. :)

a few times over the last 19 years, I have wondered why am I still doing what I do with my site http://www.notdarkyet.org/, and responses like these tell me it is still worth it, and great fun

[by the way, I have just updated the mp3 file for Porto with the newly surfaced soomlos version, which sounds even a little better to me]

PostPosted: Mon May 20th, 2019, 02:16 GMT 
Promethium Member

Not Dark Yet!
It’s a great site!

Thank you for all the work you do!

PostPosted: Mon May 20th, 2019, 03:39 GMT 
Promethium Member

^agree!

PostPosted: Mon May 20th, 2019, 12:23 GMT 
Promethium Member

Not Dark Yet… a fantastic site that has offered inspiration since I became aware of its presence. I am grateful for the work done...

And for the person and commitment behind it. Thank you for what you do there and for your contributions here on Expecting Rain. Your insights and enthusiasm have been made an impact on many of us on this forum. We are a better "community" because of you and for all you do we are appreciative. To me, you exemplify the ideal "Dignity" (though you were not the first to leave) and the song Not Dark Yet, I rarely hear it without thinking of what you have been doing through the years. Long overdue this is but you are hereby recognized as today's recipient of the Untrodden Path Hero of the Day Award.

Blessings and best wishes...
UP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5