Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue June 18th, 2019, 23:25 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri October 21st, 2016, 20:07 GMT 

Crayfish wrote:
gone with the wind wrote:
"Duke was definitely not fired. He walked away from a very lucrative but caustic environment. When someone you look up to and admire attempts to make YOU feel like less of a person, that's hard to get over. Sorry Duke if I'm speaking for you, and maybe saying too much, but I totally supported your decision to leave. Too bad cuz the band members themselves were awesome".

Like she said maybe "I'm saying to much" ...
It's all tight lipped at the dylan camp ...
Duke and or his wife would never say oh bob came on to my wife...
Bobs not gonna' kiss and tell...
I was told this from some one in the dylan camp...
Believe it or not...

But Duke's statement does not match your theory at all.

Quote:
"[...] Then we took a break and did a second tour, when he seemed to not know what he wanted. I wasn't doing anything different than on the tour he loved, so it's hard to say what was going on. He's not exactly one to tell you what he's looking for. You have to guess".

But dukes song title about bob does...btw mine was no statement this is what I was told by some one close in the dylan camp at the time...
Svengali - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Svengali
Jump to Definition - Svengali (/svɛŋˈɡɑːli/) is a fictional character in George du Maurier's 1895 novel Trilby. Svengali is a stereotyped Jewish man who seduces, dominates and exploits.

In this case a married woman...yes like I said in my previous post...
bob made advances and was flirting with dukes wife. So the title of dukes song svegali says it all...
That's why duke left the tour...

PostPosted: Fri October 21st, 2016, 20:16 GMT 

Svengali - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Svengali
Jump to Definition - Svengali (/svɛŋˈɡɑːli/) is a fictional character in George du Maurier's 1895 novel Trilby. Svengali is a stereotyped Jewish man who seduces, dominates and exploits.

In this case a married woman...yes like I said in my previous post...
bob made advances and was flirting with dukes wife. So the title of dukes song svegali says it all...
That's why duke left the tour...

From the same wikipedia article:

"The word "svengali" has come to refer to a person who, with evil intent, dominates, manipulates, and controls a creative person such as a singer or actor".

Don't you think that this less-obscure definition of Svengali matches the lyrics of the song better?

Last edited by Yellowgoat on Fri October 21st, 2016, 20:25 GMT, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri October 21st, 2016, 20:23 GMT 

They both do

PostPosted: Sat October 22nd, 2016, 07:41 GMT 

Not being able to retrieve a serious quote for my allegation re the heavies, I excuse myself officially. I must have misunderstood or misread something posted on fb way back then.

As for Bob making a pass at Dukes wife - come on, that would not make anyone walk out of the band! The wife would have said no, thank you, and life goes on. Bob is actually an old man, and has never been know to use pressure, only his charm. And that does not increase with age. He is no danger, unless the wife is no good.

PostPosted: Sun October 23rd, 2016, 10:58 GMT 

escapeedrifter wrote:
Mutabor wrote:
The way I remember it is that the Duke was in financial troubles afterwards, did thank his wife for standing by him through that trouble, had to sell some of his equipment, hinted Bob's heavies having threatened him and him walked out after something really nasty happend. It did not at all sound as if he had been fired and payed out of a contract. That would surely not be worth the fuss!

Did duke face financial hardship? I dont remember hearing that. Or about the heavies? Did duke say this. I still think hes making a fuss about nothing and that his gripe is just that he couldnt speak to his bobness after he waspaid off or sacked. I can imagine duke trying to get to bobs room or coach and not being allowed in. But really who knows, its all guess work from dukes cryptic comments.

Duke had finacials troubles due to having the whole year booked for Dylan shows. When he left in april it ws too late for arranging biggertours and getting festival bookings with his own band

PostPosted: Mon October 24th, 2016, 10:36 GMT 

My wife and I were at that show right on the rail about 10 feet from Bob and it was quite obvious Duke wa grandstanding. It is NOT hard to tell when Bob is pissed off.
I said to my wife that Duke won't last the tour after that moment.

PostPosted: Fri October 28th, 2016, 16:31 GMT 

Duke talking Dylan

https://youtu.be/eOYo5Ral4og?t=7m51s

PostPosted: Fri October 28th, 2016, 16:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

Mutabor wrote:
As for Bob making a pass at Dukes wife - come on, that would not make anyone walk out of the band! The wife would have said no, thank you, and life goes on. Bob is actually an old man, and has never been know to use pressure, only his charm. And that does not increase with age. He is no danger, unless the wife is no good.

Are you aware of the man running for president known as Donald J. Trump???

Bob is an okay guy though, I don't see him doing that. Maybe a flirtatious comment, nothing to the level of the abomination listed above.

PostPosted: Fri October 28th, 2016, 17:37 GMT 

Blind Boy Zimmerman wrote:

Duke gives the implication that he left on his own terms as opposed to Dylan kicking him out. He mentions Dylan telling him loudly onstage that he wasn't happy with what he was playing. I really don't understand Duke because he's in Dylan's band, not his own. If Bob wants him to play a certain way and tells him to do it, Duke should be professional enough to follow his lead. Duke seems a bit too high-and-mighty to be in Dylan's band anyway.

PostPosted: Fri October 28th, 2016, 17:38 GMT 

Duke comes across as a lot more personable when you here him actually speaking. Reading between the lines: ' I would've liked more direction...not on stage...', it does just seem like the dreaded 'musical differences'...

PostPosted: Sat October 29th, 2016, 03:13 GMT 

Dylan liked Robillard's playing. Later he found out that it was a shoe box.

PostPosted: Sat October 29th, 2016, 07:02 GMT 

goodnitesteve wrote:
Mutabor wrote:

Are you aware of the man running for president known as Donald J. Trump???

Bob is an okay guy though, I don't see him doing that. Maybe a flirtatious comment, nothing to the level of the abomination listed above.

I've seen a video taken during the filming of Pat Garett and Billy the Kid where Dylan, Kris Kristofferson and Kris's wife stand next to each other, and Dylan rubs his leg against the wifes leg in a rather obvious way. The wife looked surprised, and there was nothing in her behaviour that had invited him. To me it looked as if he was being provocative. I've also heard from provocative comments he made to women which where aimed at hurting their feelings. Dylan has a reputation for provocative and sometimes offensive behaviour towards people. But I cannot imagine him using force towards a woman. He wields a sharpe tongue though.

PostPosted: Sat October 29th, 2016, 13:27 GMT 

Is that an outtake from Pat Garrett?

PostPosted: Sat October 29th, 2016, 14:57 GMT 
Titanium Member

I'd like to see that as well. Maybe it's on the DVD?

PostPosted: Wed May 15th, 2019, 12:29 GMT 

Duke's just released an album which has a cover of "I am a Lonesome Hobo."
It's sung by someone else, as are most of the songs, but the song choice suggests that Duke's hatred for Dylan is still alive and well.

I am a lonesome hobo
Without family or friends
Where another man's life might begin
That's exactly where mine ends

I have tried my hand at bribery
Blackmail and deceit
And I've served time for everything
'Cept beggin' on the street

Well, once I was rather prosperous
There was nothing I did lack
I had fourteen-karat gold in my mouth
And silk upon my back

But I did not trust my brother
I carried him to blame
Which led me to my fatal doom
To wander off in shame

Kind ladies and kind gentlemen
Soon I will be gone
But let me just warn you all
Before I do pass on

Stay free from petty jealousies
Live by no man's code
And hold your judgment for yourself
Lest you wind up on this road

PostPosted: Wed May 15th, 2019, 13:37 GMT 
Titanium Member

Satanic Dylan Fan wrote:
Duke's just released an album which has a cover of "I am a Lonesome Hobo."
It's sung by someone else, as are most of the songs, but the song choice suggests that Duke's hatred for Dylan is still alive and well.

I am a lonesome hobo
Without family or friends
Where another man's life might begin
That's exactly where mine ends

I have tried my hand at bribery
Blackmail and deceit
And I've served time for everything
'Cept beggin' on the street

Well, once I was rather prosperous
There was nothing I did lack
I had fourteen-karat gold in my mouth
And silk upon my back

But I did not trust my brother
I carried him to blame
Which led me to my fatal doom
To wander off in shame

Kind ladies and kind gentlemen
Soon I will be gone
But let me just warn you all
Before I do pass on

Stay free from petty jealousies
Live by no man's code
And hold your judgment for yourself
Lest you wind up on this road

I see nothing. Sorry. The other song mentioned earlier in the thread certainly looks
aimed at Bob. Bad blood and clashing egos is and always was standard procedure
in rock bands. The stories are endless.

I saw Duke in Lowell, Ma(Kerouacville), do a showcased, long and superb acoustic lead during "Tangled Up in Blue" that almost made the crowd delirious. I remember thinking to myself "so long Duke". I was right.

PostPosted: Thu May 16th, 2019, 12:27 GMT 
Promethium Member

chrome horse wrote:
I saw Duke in Lowell, Ma(Kerouacville), do a showcased, long and superb acoustic lead during "Tangled Up in Blue" that almost made the crowd delirious. I remember thinking to myself "so long Duke". I was right.

Listening to the Lowell 2013 show again right now and it is splendid. I wish Bob and Duke would have found a way to continue their work together. I really like Duke's contributions and when in sync, Dylan seemed to shine with it.

PostPosted: Thu May 16th, 2019, 17:09 GMT 
Titanium Member

Untrodden Path wrote:
chrome horse wrote:

Listening to the Lowell 2013 show again right now and it is splendid. I wish Bob and Duke would have found a way to continue their work together. I really like Duke's contributions and when in sync, Dylan seemed to shine with it.

It was sweet. I don't recall if Duke was on acoustic guitar or a mandolin, but his playing was superb, energized, and complimented the whole song perfectly. I could be dead wrong, but I doubt the Bobster likes hearing the hired hands get as big an ovation as him.

PostPosted: Fri May 17th, 2019, 02:24 GMT 

Yes, that Tom Moore recording is historically great

PostPosted: Wed May 22nd, 2019, 11:29 GMT 

We've seen the video, which is about the only thing I'm going to believe, that Bob was unimpressed by Duke's playing. x I was embarrassed for Duke watching that video and I'm not even a musician.

All the other utter crap in this thread, you people starting nasty little rumors based solely on the content of your nasty little heads. What a complete load of utter bullshit. It really makes me "wonder" who would have such a grade school resentment against Bob and lots of time NOT playing with Bob on their hands to stroll in here and resurrect a dead thread about a dead subject.

*Cough*

Someone needs to put on his big boy pants, blow his nose, and move on.

PostPosted: Wed May 22nd, 2019, 12:07 GMT 

Sweetheart68 wrote:
We've seen the video, which is about the only thing I'm going to believe, that Bob was unimpressed by Duke's playing. x I was embarrassed for Duke watching that video and I'm not even a musician.

All the other utter crap in this thread, you people starting nasty little rumors based solely on the content of your nasty little heads. What a complete load of utter bullshit. It really makes me "wonder" who would have such a grade school resentment against Bob and lots of time NOT playing with Bob on their hands to stroll in here and resurrect a dead thread about a dead subject.

*Cough*

Someone needs to put on his big boy pants, blow his nose, and move on.

Yet you feel compelled to opine on a "dead thread about a dead subject". Why such hostility towards some idle speculation? Life is too short to punch at ghosts.

PostPosted: Wed May 22nd, 2019, 12:33 GMT 

finbar wrote:
Yet you feel compelled to opine on a "dead thread about a dead subject". Why such hostility towards some idle speculation? Life is too short to punch at ghosts.

Yes, I frequently opine. Suck on that lollypop.

Idle speculation? Are you x kidding me? Saying Bob hit on Duke's wife and that's why Duke left isn't idle speculation. It's nasty bullshit made up by nasty people. There's considerably more in the thread but blah blah.

Like Bob's that hard up. He could have about any pussycat in the hall but he's hitting on Duke's wife. Hahahaha.

Wait let me do that again. Hahahaha hahahaha. Okay wait. Haha. Ok. Now I'm done. Whew. My stomach muscles.

PostPosted: Wed May 22nd, 2019, 14:32 GMT 

raging_glory wrote:
Heavies threatening him? Is this stuff just being made up out of thin air? I hardly think something like that should be repeated without some sort of credible evidence or corroboration. Geeze Louise.

This is what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about people with a genuine interest in Bob discussing a band member change. I don't mean that at all.

It's ridiculous crap like Raging Glory was pointing out. Heavies roughing people up. Lmao. I heard Bob did away with his brother Fredo cuz Fredo broke his heart. Bloop, into the lake you go Fredo. I heard it happened!!. Can't say where though. Big surprise coming up soon!!! Can't say what or when but when it does happen I'll run back in here and pretend I knew. Oh and btw I know what god Bob believes in and his boxer size too! Can't say how I know but this vague thought couldn't possibly be wrong. La la la.

It's like with the Stu thing. Sure we wonder and discuss what happened but saying insulting things about Stu or starting rumors based on opinion or thin air is really more about the character of the poster than truth.

As for the people who claim to have the inside super secret decoder ring info: if someone is going to spill Bob's tea they aren't IN the super secret club. The people in Bob's world don't just work for him, they love him fiercely. They protect him, bless them. They don't come in here talking smack and they don't talk smack to people that come in here talking smack.

I didn't bump the thread from 2016. I didn't make that clear from the fact that yes I'm bitching about stuff from 2016. This place is a mausoleum and I was bored.

PostPosted: Wed May 22nd, 2019, 15:11 GMT 
Promethium Member

Untrodden Path wrote:
chrome horse wrote:

Was at that show too, and some of the surrounding ones.
Duke was a nice addition at the time.
Most likely we will never know truly what happened.
Solid shows. Glad for the fortunate timing and locations.
Gotta take all the gossip with a grain of salt “down the wisecrack line.”

PostPosted: Wed May 22nd, 2019, 15:27 GMT 

Civil dissension is a viperous worm that gnaws the bowels of the commonwealth.

Whatever that means. Here, hold my bong.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next