Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu June 20th, 2019, 21:40 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon February 4th, 2019, 03:25 GMT 

dvdunplugged wrote:
gibsona07 wrote:
I'd like a big TOOM box.

Surely most of the best stuff would have been collected together on Tell Tale Signs?

You're absolutely right. A lot of the best latter day stuff seems to be on tell tale signs. Still, in about 30 years time I will be buying a toom bootleg series box set. Mmmmmmmm... Lovely.

Last edited by Pauley on Mon February 4th, 2019, 03:40 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon February 4th, 2019, 03:39 GMT 

Just as an aside, has anyone noticed how ideas of bootleg series releases, specifically on this website have actually been taken on by the record company and released a few years later. This was mostly before the copyright thing.

I remember discussing genuine basement tapes, 3 years later. Bootleg series comes out.
Everyone wanted every take of the holy trilogy. bs comes out 3 years after discussion. Same with Bott.

Same with new morning Jwh self portrait outtakes: bd comes out almost exactly 3 years later.

Discussion about another biograph for later years. Few years later; tell tale signs.

Same with religious box set.

Does anyone get the impression that Sony specifically read these posts so they can gauge what we want.

If this is the case, tell tale signs 4 (to include Broomberg/world gone wrong/ good as I been to you sessions) and jwh outtakes please). Thanks

PostPosted: Mon February 4th, 2019, 07:25 GMT 

Pauley wrote:
Does anyone get the impression that Sony specifically read these posts so they can gauge what we want.

If this is the case, tell tale signs 4 (to include Broomberg/world gone wrong/ good as I been to you sessions) and jwh outtakes please). Thanks

...and please can you release Tell Tale Signs, CD3 as a standard one off disc (at a standard price) for those of us who wouldn't fork out or couldn't afford the original 'rip-off' price of the deluxe package!

PostPosted: Mon February 4th, 2019, 12:11 GMT 

dvdunplugged wrote:
Pauley wrote:

...and please can you release Tell Tale Signs, CD3 as a standard one off disc (at a standard price) for those of us who wouldn't fork out or couldn't afford the original 'rip-off' price of the deluxe package!

Speaking of "Tell Tale Signs Vol 3", I am looking for a FLAC or physical version to buy or d/l. If anyone can help out, please let me know.

PostPosted: Mon February 4th, 2019, 14:41 GMT 

There are many ways to lay your digital fingers on this :wink:

PostPosted: Sat February 16th, 2019, 06:18 GMT 
Titanium Member

keep talkin' about the early '60s set

PostPosted: Sat February 23rd, 2019, 23:20 GMT 
Promethium Member

1969 Copyright may or may not be part of the Bootleg Series in 2019.
Personally, I hope it is. But that looks doubtful.
I’m more convinced the 1975 companion for the film will be BS15.

Going to start a focused thread dedicated to 1969 Copyright.
Whether 1969 is a bootleg series or a copyright dump,
it needs to be protected this year, either way, IMHO.

Also BS15 will happen.
Whether it’s Rolling Thunder or Nashville, IMHO.
So it’s a win-win.

I guess we’ll hope for both.

PostPosted: Sun February 24th, 2019, 01:48 GMT 
Titanium Member

The cash sessions don’t strike me as a BS release, despite the fact that it’s Cash. It’s fine, but seems more appropriate as part of a copyright dump.

I’m curious what a companion to the Scorsese film would be as a BS release since we already have live 1975. I want all the shows myself, but that can’t be it.

PostPosted: Sun February 24th, 2019, 07:21 GMT 

Well there is the live version and full rehearsal of lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts. A trouble no more style comp of rolling thunder will do me.

I still want the John Wesley Harding outtakes released.

PostPosted: Sun February 24th, 2019, 11:55 GMT 
Titanium Member

John B. Stetson wrote:
The cash sessions don’t strike me as a BS release, despite the fact that it’s Cash. It’s fine, but seems more appropriate as part of a copyright dump.

I’m curious what a companion to the Scorsese film would be as a BS release since we already have live 1975. I want all the shows myself, but that can’t be it.

It might be... :idea:

PostPosted: Fri March 1st, 2019, 13:21 GMT 

While I have absolutely no problem with the Bootleg Series model, I would like to think that last year's 2-disc live Copyright Extension comp is indication that the Dylan camp is willing to look beyond that format. For starters, the 1986 "Hard to Handle" HBO special: This has been released to VHS and laserdisc--why not release it on DVD for the sake of simply releasing it on DVD? (And so that I can finally delete the audio rip I've been toting around on every computer I've used for the past decade-plus?)

PostPosted: Fri March 1st, 2019, 14:18 GMT 
Titanium Member

Besides the upcoming Scorsese doc and the very occasional Bootleg Series bonus disc, I'd be very surprised if we ever see a standalone Dylan DVD release again. It's very close to becoming as a dead a format as 8-track.

PostPosted: Fri March 1st, 2019, 14:59 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
Besides the upcoming Scorsese doc and the very occasional Bootleg Series bonus disc, I'd be very surprised if we ever see a standalone Dylan DVD release again. It's very close to becoming as a dead a format as 8-track.

Well... I don't know about that, necessarily. There are always the Blu-ray, extended editions that aren't generally available to stream.

What if you wanted to watch 11.4 hours of LOTR instead of only 9.2 hours?

PostPosted: Mon March 4th, 2019, 09:34 GMT 

Other than the whole lot, what does everyone actually want from this bootleg series?

Which gig is your favourite from rolling thunder tour? Previous discussions highlighted people prefer 1975.

I would like a big box of about 15 of the best gigs, a smaller 6 cd box of the best of the best gigs. Obviously both including the documentary.
The dvd should actually be released separately in an electronic way, maybe. I don't know. Probably. It needs to reach a few cinemas in the us, festivals and eventually TV.

My favourite gig is Irving plaza 1976. 1976 my favourite year.

What do you guys think??

PostPosted: Mon March 4th, 2019, 18:28 GMT 

Pauley wrote:
Other than the whole lot, what does everyone actually want from this bootleg series?

Which gig is your favourite from rolling thunder tour? Previous discussions highlighted people prefer 1975.

I would like a big box of about 15 of the best gigs, a smaller 6 cd box of the best of the best gigs. Obviously both including the documentary.
The dvd should actually be released separately in an electronic way, maybe. I don't know. Probably. It needs to reach a few cinemas in the us, festivals and eventually TV.

My favourite gig is Irving plaza 1976. 1976 my favourite year.

What do you guys think??

Besides the gigantic box (like 1966), I really want to hear Salt Lake City 1976 (the holy grail for live performance). Just the setlist is mouth-watering: http://www.bjorner.com/DSN03275%201976% ... m#DSN03475

You have the ONLY live performances of Lily, Rosemary And The Jack Of Hearts (besides a small rehearsal with Joan Baez) and Black Diamond Bay. Joel Bernstein (known for his work with Neil Young) said this show was the best of 1976, way better than Hard Rain.
Here is a link for the rehearsal as a treat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMQUN8W ... Z&index=62

Besides Salt Lake, I really want more footage from 1975 (especially Toronto, Montreal, and Madison Square Garden) and 1976 (the electric Tangled Up In Blue from Fort Collins). A remastered version of the complete Fort Collins show will be fantastic too.

PostPosted: Mon March 4th, 2019, 19:44 GMT 

For me concert performance video that is previously unseen by the hoi polloi like myself would be the most desirable promise of this set.

PostPosted: Tue March 5th, 2019, 00:18 GMT 

I'm assuming there will be a lot of footage IN the documentary. What about If You See Her Say Hello rewrite? Needs released bad! Second the motion of those two Salt Lake one-offs too. Guessing they won't release a bonus DVD though. Filmmakers get weird about that. But who knows!

PostPosted: Tue March 5th, 2019, 11:37 GMT 
Titanium Member

Big box or nothing for me.

PostPosted: Tue March 5th, 2019, 13:18 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:

Dirty bugger.

PostPosted: Tue March 5th, 2019, 14:31 GMT 

McG wrote:
gibsona07 wrote:

Dirty bugger.

Some of you Brits just crack me up!

PostPosted: Wed March 6th, 2019, 07:55 GMT 

BobDylan66 wrote:

Besides the gigantic box (like 1966), I really want to hear Salt Lake City 1976 (the holy grail for live performance). Just the setlist is mouth-watering: http://www.bjorner.com/DSN03275%201976% ... m#DSN03475

Just because of the live version of Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts alone?

The rehearsal take of that song that circulated here some months ago, was that rehearsal from around the time of Salt Lake? I.e. would a soundboard of the live performance resemble the rehearsal you think? Because to me, the poor quality rehearsal sounded pretty meh and Baez-heavy... But beggars cant be choosers, I guess.

PostPosted: Wed March 6th, 2019, 08:15 GMT 

Just because of the live version of Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts alone?
That, black diamond bay and the report of it being the best of the tour.

Joan finally got that rehearsal that she was going on about didn't she.

PostPosted: Wed March 6th, 2019, 10:32 GMT 

I understand everyone wanting Salt Lake City to hear Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts . But has anyone who was at the concert ever been on E.R, to say what the performance was like.

PostPosted: Wed March 6th, 2019, 17:17 GMT 

Pauley wrote:

Hate to be a downer but on Behind the shades Clinton Heylin said that this show wasn´t particularly memorable

PostPosted: Wed March 6th, 2019, 17:39 GMT 

wormington wrote:
Pauley wrote:

Hate to be a downer but on Behind the shades Clinton Heylin said that this show wasn´t particularly memorable

The most memorable concerts are always the ones that were never recorded......absence of evidence allows speculation and mythology to fill its void.

One of the best Bob shows I ever saw was one that hasn't been taped, or at least circulated (Barrie Ontario July 2017). I remember Bob pounding on the keys like Jerry Lee Lewis and wailing like a banshee and an "Early Roman Kings" that made the whole venue levitate. But if a tape shows up, it'll probably sober up my memory like a splash of cold water in the face.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next