Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue June 25th, 2019, 14:48 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 7th, 2019, 14:53 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun June 14th, 2015, 07:15 GMT
Posts: 512
wormington wrote:
Heard the Jeff Slate podcast now while doing some boring work on excel. Purty cool. Somebody naked enlarging yet some more his stature in the forum after his already legendary chronicles of the 66 tour!

Here´s a humble request from my side for the future. Should you interview anyone involved on the Tulsa archives, I would be very interested in knowing if anyone knows whether there are any tapes/recordings of the 1977 "I´m cold" songs.


I'll certainly ask! Maybe I'll save that question for T Bone Burnett...

That's just me dreaming, by the way. He's not in the diary. And thanks for the kind words.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 7th, 2019, 15:07 GMT 

Joined: Fri July 18th, 2008, 16:22 GMT
Posts: 4659
Andy Muir would be a great guest - vast knowledge, consummate gentleman abd a new book on Bob and the other bard coming soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 7th, 2019, 16:32 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun June 14th, 2015, 07:15 GMT
Posts: 512
In all honesty, we do have a list. Some have been asked. Some will be. We've got lots in the tank, as it were; but will continue to seek out the best guests that we can get.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 7th, 2019, 18:56 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 10th, 2016, 12:46 GMT
Posts: 2743
I'll do it, although I'd rather have a BJ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 7th, 2019, 19:34 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 1569
McG wrote:
I'll do it, although I'd rather have a BJ

I have listened to the podcast and get the reference, but still am outrageously offended!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 7th, 2019, 19:36 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 10th, 2016, 12:46 GMT
Posts: 2743
wormington wrote:
McG wrote:
I'll do it, although I'd rather have a BJ

I have listened to the podcast and get the reference, but still am outrageously offended!


Sail your Hail Marys and whip yourself 100 times, the shame will pass.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18th, 2019, 18:21 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat January 3rd, 2009, 15:19 GMT
Posts: 9172
Location: Desolation Row
The ratso episode was terrific. Thanks for putting it together.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18th, 2019, 18:48 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun June 14th, 2015, 07:15 GMT
Posts: 512
Thanks! We enjoyed that one too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 19th, 2019, 09:47 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun June 14th, 2015, 07:15 GMT
Posts: 512
Got a new one out now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 19th, 2019, 12:00 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun October 8th, 2006, 02:33 GMT
Posts: 4255
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Thanks! Very entertaining. I'm a big JWH fan. So, this was particularly interesting to to listen to. Some pretty humorous stuff in there, too, especially when you start talking about Dylan's live shows.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 19th, 2019, 14:45 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun June 14th, 2015, 07:15 GMT
Posts: 512
I'm very fond of Dan's Dylan impression.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 19th, 2019, 18:03 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun October 8th, 2006, 02:33 GMT
Posts: 4255
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Somebody Naked wrote:
I'm very fond of Dan's Dylan impression.


It's actually pretty good. These podcasts have been great Sunday morning entertainment for me. They're much appreciated!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23rd, 2019, 09:08 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 1569
I have by now heard the majority of the podcasts, very entertaining stuff, and btw, I love the opening theme (what is it?).

Also, on the one I heard just now (Jon Canter), one of you says that the electric version of Blind Willie McTell is better than the piano/accoustic one. Was that you? If so, I have a question for you:

WTF?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23rd, 2019, 09:19 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun June 14th, 2015, 07:15 GMT
Posts: 512
wormington wrote:
I have by now heard the majority of the podcasts, very entertaining stuff, and btw, I love the opening theme (what is it?).

Also, on the one I heard just now (Jon Canter), one of you says that the electric version of Blind Willie McTell is better than the piano/acoustic one. Was that you? If so, I have a question for you:

WTF?!


Thank you. Pretty sure that was Kerry (the Canadian one). I don't agree with him, but may have found myself making agreeable noises - I like it a lot, but I think the BS version takes it.

Thank you for asking about the music. It means that I can give my brother Sam a plug on his birthday. It's an unreleased, instrumental version of a song he wrote called Distant London.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojJT0WeCgu0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23rd, 2019, 09:44 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 1569
Somebody Naked wrote:
wormington wrote:
I have by now heard the majority of the podcasts, very entertaining stuff, and btw, I love the opening theme (what is it?).

Also, on the one I heard just now (Jon Canter), one of you says that the electric version of Blind Willie McTell is better than the piano/acoustic one. Was that you? If so, I have a question for you:

WTF?!


Thank you. Pretty sure that was Kerry (the Canadian one). I don't agree with him, but may have found myself making agreeable noises - I like it a lot, but I think the BS version takes it.

Thank you for asking about the music. It means that I can give my brother Sam a plug on his birthday. It's an unreleased, instrumental version of a song he wrote called Distant London.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojJT0WeCgu0

A job well done by your brother, the song swings.

If you ever feel like making an episode with a totally unremarkable, grey, dull and overexcited fan who´s happy to rant about each one of his records, chuckle together about his favorite lines of the San Francisco press conference, etc. give me a buzz.

Guessing all travel costs (I live in Spain) would be covered by you...?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chrome horse, Jochen, skelly35


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group