Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed June 19th, 2019, 09:15 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 39  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 4th, 2019, 17:48 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon March 16th, 2009, 10:46 GMT
Posts: 1393
Location: London
Souls of Previous Times wrote:
Noticed on You Tube that the version of "One More Cup of Coffee" is listed at S.I.R rehearsal in the title, and Seacrest Motel rehearsal in the description.

To make matters more confusing, the version posted on Spotify is also listed as Seacrest Motel, but it is clearly a concert recording and not a rehearsal. It's a completely different, albeit equally lovely version with audience applause at the end.

I guess we'll sort all this out in June.

Yes, but applause from a smaller group, to my ears. I felt
it must be a bunch of musos, crew members & guests.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 4th, 2019, 18:58 GMT 

Joined: Sun April 17th, 2016, 14:09 GMT
Posts: 3435
Location: Austria
HopE wrote:
HopE wrote:
jpc.de : in the moment 64,99 Euros instead of amazon.de's 78,50 Euros

amazon.de tries to tempt us, to order before it's getting more expensive again. New price 79,99 Euros


Now it´s 64,99 Euronen on Amazon.de.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 12:45 GMT 

Joined: Sat October 3rd, 2009, 13:47 GMT
Posts: 2367
115th wrote:
Now it´s 64,99 Euronen on Amazon.de.

Obviously it helps that amazon Germany is in competition to jpc.
I'd suggest to order it from jpc to maintain this situation (of course it's good for ER to order it via ER's link to amazon to support ER. Unfortuately you support amazon too if you decide in favour of ER).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 13:42 GMT 

Joined: Tue November 7th, 2006, 15:14 GMT
Posts: 3382
HopE wrote:
115th wrote:
Now it´s 64,99 Euronen on Amazon.de.

Obviously it helps that amazon Germany is in competition to jpc.
I'd suggest to order it from jpc to maintain this situation (of course it's good for ER to order it via ER's link to amazon to support ER. Unfortuately you support amazon too if you decide in favour of ER).


they (amazon) are closely wtaching their competitors. As soon as Saturn, Mediamarkt etc come up with a special offer amazon lower their price (only as long as the others' special offer lasts)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 14:31 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 21st, 2011, 11:15 GMT
Posts: 1901
slewan wrote:

they (amazon) are closely wtaching their competitors. As soon as Saturn, Mediamarkt etc come up with a special offer amazon lower their price (only as long as the others' special offer lasts)



Sounds a bit like pricing under perfect compition


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 17:10 GMT 

Joined: Tue November 7th, 2006, 15:14 GMT
Posts: 3382
h.egbert wrote:
slewan wrote:

they (amazon) are closely wtaching their competitors. As soon as Saturn, Mediamarkt etc come up with a special offer amazon lower their price (only as long as the others' special offer lasts)



Sounds a bit like pricing under perfect compition


not really since amazon's short time goal is not so much making money, while they're long time goal is to destroy all competitors. Right now they are not only willing but able to beat any price they want – even if they had to sell an item for just one cent and/or sell items for less than they paid for them, they can do it since they are able to bear all losses for quite a long time. Their strategy is force other out of the market on the long run.

they game they play is called Monopoly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 17:19 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 10th, 2016, 12:46 GMT
Posts: 2737
Why is only one company allowed to make Monopoly?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 18:29 GMT 

Joined: Sun February 24th, 2019, 16:36 GMT
Posts: 37
Location: Sweden
So the diffence is ?

Rolling Thunder Revue Brass Luggage Tag
Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese Limited Numbered Edition Lithograph

https://bob-dylan-uk.myshopify.com/coll ... cd-box-set
https://bob-dylan-uk.myshopify.com/coll ... ate-bundle


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 18:42 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon October 18th, 2010, 03:16 GMT
Posts: 1830
swededylanfan wrote:
So the diffence is ?

Rolling Thunder Revue Brass Luggage Tag
Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese Limited Numbered Edition Lithograph

https://bob-dylan-uk.myshopify.com/coll ... cd-box-set
https://bob-dylan-uk.myshopify.com/coll ... ate-bundle


Yes...
And most of us find that hilarious, while others think "must have that $1 poster!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 19:41 GMT 

Joined: Sun August 26th, 2018, 07:52 GMT
Posts: 9
Location: my heart's in the Highlands, the rest is in Austria
Anr Bjotk wrote:
swededylanfan wrote:
So the diffence is ?

Rolling Thunder Revue Brass Luggage Tag
Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese Limited Numbered Edition Lithograph

https://bob-dylan-uk.myshopify.com/coll ... cd-box-set
https://bob-dylan-uk.myshopify.com/coll ... ate-bundle


Yes...
And most of us find that hilarious, while others think "must have that $1 poster!"


While I would like to have the poster, I won't order the bundle. I'm not paying 66€ more to get it. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 20:09 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 21st, 2011, 11:15 GMT
Posts: 1901
.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 20:33 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 21st, 2011, 11:15 GMT
Posts: 1901
slewan wrote:


Sounds a bit like pricing under perfect compition


not really since amazon's short time goal is not so much making money, while they're long time goal is to destroy all competitors. Right now they are not only willing but able to beat any price they want – even if they had to sell an item for just one cent and/or sell items for less than they paid for them, they can do it since they are able to bear all losses for quite a long time. Their strategy is force other out of the market on the long run.

they game they play is called Monopoly[/quote]

I was only reminded to my first lecture or so in economics back in the 70ies, when this theory was taught to us newbies, because way back then the faint possibility of such a transparency of prices we have today was unthinkable of. Which of course was the reason for amazon to adjust their price to jpc, who was quicker with the availability of the box btw.

I know of two things:
A) the perfect competition theory does not apply fully here
B) you would be the one to answer my post


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 20:47 GMT 

Joined: Tue November 7th, 2006, 15:14 GMT
Posts: 3382
h.egbert wrote:
I know of two things:
A) the perfect competition theory does not apply fully here
B) you would be the one to answer my post


B -> how could you know?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 20:52 GMT 

Joined: Fri July 18th, 2008, 16:22 GMT
Posts: 4651
Has this been around long? Very nice...

https://open.spotify.com/album/25V6yb9y ... aXzlIPhK6A


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 20:57 GMT 

Joined: Tue November 7th, 2006, 15:14 GMT
Posts: 3382
MrJudasPriest wrote:
Has this been around long? Very nice...

https://open.spotify.com/album/25V6yb9y ... aXzlIPhK6A


since Tuesday - see: main page, BD.com, youtube etc


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 21:00 GMT 

Joined: Thu September 25th, 2008, 22:08 GMT
Posts: 482
[quote="Anr Bjotk"][quote="swededylanfan"]So the diffence is ?

Rolling Thunder Revue Brass Luggage Tag
Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese Limited Numbered Edition Lithograph

https://bob-dylan-uk.myshopify.com/coll ... cd-box-set
https://bob-dylan-uk.myshopify.com/coll ... ate-bundle[/quote]

Yes...
And most of us find that hilarious, while others think "must have that $1 poster!"[/quote]

Its even more insane now that Amazon dropped the price to $79 for the regular edition. Considering its about $140 after all costs and shipping, so you are dropping $60 for a poster. Oh and a luggage tag. In that context that's a hard pill to swallow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 21:47 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 24120
I’m generally supportive & understanding of Dylan, Inc.
I want the business to profit for the good work they do.
I want them to keep up the good work.

But, that’s just downright rude, charging nearly
double, with some gimmicky tokens as the carrot.
C’mon Dylan, Inc.!
You’re better than that.


Sympathies to all the impulse buyers.

Lesson: Don’t buy from Dylan, Inc. Simple.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 22:20 GMT 

Joined: Sat October 3rd, 2009, 13:47 GMT
Posts: 2367
McG wrote:
Why is only one company allowed to make Monopoly?

You're allowed too. You (as everyone and as every company) can play with amazon, but be sure you'll lose the game
(but perhaps I'm wrong and I underestimate your financial abilities).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 22:28 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat February 3rd, 2007, 21:13 GMT
Posts: 1885
McG wrote:
Why is only one company allowed to make Monopoly?


Lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 23:07 GMT 

Joined: Sun February 24th, 2019, 16:36 GMT
Posts: 37
Location: Sweden
So who has he cheapest price for the regular version ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 6th, 2019, 06:37 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon October 18th, 2010, 03:16 GMT
Posts: 1830
swededylanfan wrote:
So who has he cheapest price for the regular version ?


Amazon.co.uk had, but seems to have sold out suspiciously quickly... or pulled the item.

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
I’m generally supportive & understanding of Dylan, Inc.
I want the business to profit for the good work they do.
I want them to keep up the good work.

But, that’s just downright rude, charging nearly
double, with some gimmicky tokens as the carrot.
C’mon Dylan, Inc.!
You’re better than that.


Sympathies to all the impulse buyers.

Lesson: Don’t buy from Dylan, Inc. Simple.


Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way (at first I was a little nervous since it seemed that most people hERe bought the bundle and "monkey see monkey do" and all that palaver) but I'm more and more secure in that I dont need either poster nor tag. (Even the booklets from previous BS has been left untouched since unpacking)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 6th, 2019, 06:52 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 21st, 2011, 11:15 GMT
Posts: 1901
slewan wrote:

B -> how could you know?


Because you are bringing up monetary/economical aspects into the discussion quite often, don't you?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 6th, 2019, 06:57 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon October 18th, 2010, 03:16 GMT
Posts: 1830
h.egbert wrote:
slewan wrote:

B -> how could you know?


Because you are bringing up monetary/economical aspects into the discussion quite often, don't you?


Oh, snap! It's all kicking off now! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 6th, 2019, 07:52 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 10th, 2016, 12:46 GMT
Posts: 2737
HopE wrote:
McG wrote:
Why is only one company allowed to make Monopoly?

You're allowed too. You (as everyone and as every company) can play with amazon, but be sure you'll lose the game
(but perhaps I'm wrong and I underestimate your financial abilities).


Was talking about the board game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 6th, 2019, 07:57 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 21st, 2011, 11:15 GMT
Posts: 1901
McG wrote:
McG wrote:
Why is only one company allowed to make Monopoly?



Was talking about the board game.


Because they've got the exclusive right, aka monopoly??


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 39  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: littlemaggie


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group