Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon July 22nd, 2019, 16:35 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue April 30th, 2019, 16:07 GMT 

Sweet William wrote:
On ISIS now...

"At long last, the lengthy wait for “Chronicles Volume 2” may be coming to an end. Slated to be 256 pages, publisher Simon & Schuster may have the book out by the end of this year. Several websites are listing hardback and paperback editions for December 31, 2019, and are also taking pre-orders! Simon & Schuster, however, have informed us that this December date is what they term as a “holding date,” and that the actual publication is not yet fixed. In actual fact, this December 31 date has been there since 2016! Even if the December 2019 date does come to fruition, the hard and paperback will not arrive on the same date! There is so much uncertainty with this title, we have been advised not to pre-sell. The hardback is being talked about as £17.99 while the paperback is £6.99."

The interesting this is that they are listing the page count; Amazon US is even listing the shipping weight. Suggests to me that the product is done. If that is so then a release well before year end would be plausible.

Maybe legals are holding things up? Odd to have paperback and hardback prices up on Amazon UK but Bob's people might have a clever format idea up their sleeves or this could be a leak of plans for the subsequent paperback pricing - although it seems cheap at £6.99.

PostPosted: Tue April 30th, 2019, 16:24 GMT 

Crayfish wrote:

"At long last, the lengthy wait for “Chronicles Volume 2” may be coming to an end. Slated to be 256 pages, publisher Simon & Schuster may have the book out by the end of this year. Several websites are listing hardback and paperback editions for December 31, 2019, and are also taking pre-orders! Simon & Schuster, however, have informed us that this December date is what they term as a “holding date,” and that the actual publication is not yet fixed. In actual fact, this December 31 date has been there since 2016! Even if the December 2019 date does come to fruition, the hard and paperback will not arrive on the same date! There is so much uncertainty with this title, we have been advised not to pre-sell. The hardback is being talked about as £17.99 while the paperback is £6.99."
Is this a confirmation or not :?:

It is so typical Bob Dylan that it must be a confirmation. :-) While i won't believe it until I see the book in the stores, I wonder if Simon & Schuster may have something in hand--maybe a few chapters; perhaps even a full manuscript--that encouraged them enough to set some wheels in motion, as half-assed as those wheels seem to be. Based on what I heard about the torturous path to publication of the first Chronicles, even a full manuscript delivered doesn't mean much when you're dealing with the Dylan machine. With Chronicles 1, he stopped publication once (maybe more than once) by submitting a new manuscript, forcing S&S to destroy the original galleys they had in hand and start over again.

PostPosted: Tue April 30th, 2019, 17:39 GMT 

Like I say: I believe my source. I've heard that it has been finished, and at the publisher's for some time. It gets put out when Dylan wants it out.

PostPosted: Tue April 30th, 2019, 20:57 GMT 
Promethium Member

It is difficult for me to accept this given the date. If released right after Thanksgiving and before the holidays it could be a holiday gift/best seller... Perhaps people will pre-order and use an acknowledgement of the purchase as a stocking stuffer.

PostPosted: Tue April 30th, 2019, 22:06 GMT 

My pre-order processed, it wasn't cancelled (so far).

Chronicles Volume I Paperback Edition is 196 pages, for what its worth.

PostPosted: Wed May 1st, 2019, 03:14 GMT 
Titanium Member

Somebody Naked wrote:
Like I say: I believe my source. I've heard that it has been finished, and at the publisher's for some time. It gets put out when Dylan wants it out.

thanks a lot simply naked, very cool.

like been finished for two years, or within a year ago? pre-Nobel or post. :lol:

Bravo Dylan man!

PostPosted: Wed May 1st, 2019, 04:13 GMT 
Titanium Member

dylanswife wrote:
Chronicles Volume I Paperback Edition is 196 pages, for what its worth.

Which paperback is this? I have a paperback copy dated 2005 and it's 320 pages!

PostPosted: Wed May 1st, 2019, 04:51 GMT 

It was from amazons website!

https://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-One-v ... 6686243168

After looking further, this is not the original edition and not my Bob's publishing company, Simon and Something.

It does say it's chronicles,.vol 1. Perhaps the font size and dimensions are different leading to less pages?

Also the cover is not the same as the original. I have the hardback first edition.

PostPosted: Wed May 1st, 2019, 19:06 GMT 
Senior Moderator

homerthes wrote:
Reads that way, doesn't it?

However, the fact that 'people have heard people saying that' was what I was confirming. People are. That doesn't mean it is true.

Come to that, even if Dylan said it was the case, it could still/just be a wind - up designed to get people saying so.

Maybe Bob's bringing forward the publication date of Chronicles 2 to take advantage of the great publicity that will, no doubt, surround the imminent release of your own erudite tome, homerthes.

PostPosted: Wed May 1st, 2019, 19:12 GMT 

Hahaha - yes, he's forever playing on that "Camden connection"

Or - he's certainly doing his best to overwhelm my release with thunderingly important releases of his owm

PostPosted: Tue June 18th, 2019, 11:45 GMT 

Received this today:

Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

Dylan, Bob "Chronicles Volume 2"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0743478657

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #NUMBER and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

PostPosted: Tue June 18th, 2019, 12:37 GMT 
Promethium Member

No longer available? As in "Sold Out!!!" How can this happen? Did the publisher print only one copy or something? They deserve to go bankrupt for such a thing. Volume 2 will be a best seller. They need to start up the presses and get these going. We're not getting any younger.

PostPosted: Tue June 18th, 2019, 13:30 GMT 

Chronicles 2 will only be announced once every last person has given up hope of there ever being a Chronicles 2.

PostPosted: Tue June 18th, 2019, 13:31 GMT 

We just got a chapter of it on film.