Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed July 24th, 2019, 05:20 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon June 3rd, 2019, 21:51 GMT 

Woohoo, got my tickets to the show!

PostPosted: Wed June 5th, 2019, 20:05 GMT 

Going to 6/11 showing in Great Barrington.
The option of waiting a whole day is no option at all in my opinion.
No, if other people are gathered in a theater eagerly awaiting the first public showing of footage never seen before of the RTR, and eating it up while you don’t.....well, that should be anathema to anyone here.

I’d feel terrible if I had to miss the 6/11 showing.
The 6/12 Netflix showing is for repeated viewing.
This.
This is going to be an event.

I’ll bet I’m not the only one hERe who thinks this way.
I saw Renaldo & Clara during its hyper-abbreviated release, and I didn’t wait forty years to miss the 6/11 screening.

Can you tell I’m stoked?

PostPosted: Thu June 6th, 2019, 02:20 GMT 

40 screenings listed here: https://www.reddit.com/r/bobdylan/comme ... ing_links/

PostPosted: Thu June 6th, 2019, 03:30 GMT 
Promethium Member

Any meet ups around the Chicago screening?

PostPosted: Thu June 6th, 2019, 08:14 GMT 

Free screening in Bologna, Italy on June 11 (Arena Puccini) and June 17 (Piazza Maggiore).

PostPosted: Thu June 6th, 2019, 08:36 GMT 
Titanium Member

That's great the rehearsal version of This Land sounds like it's gonna be quiet/reflective stylle

PostPosted: Thu June 6th, 2019, 17:16 GMT 

I'm going to get tickets for the Chicago screening today. I'm so hyped up for this, especially when it wasn't so long ago that Trouble No More came out.

The funny thing is that I've been following the Hoffman Forums and the comments have become to pessimistic on there. I realize that probably most Dylan fans lived through this tour back in 1975, but as a usually pessimistic 23 year old, I can't find one thing wrong yet about this film. In my view, you can never go wrong with a Dylan release.

There's apparently some doubt that Scorsese actually had sufficient video footage/material for the film and that it's simply full of filler. The Netflix trailer looks so amazing. I don't see where those accusations are coming from.

PostPosted: Thu June 6th, 2019, 17:58 GMT 

I think I must be one of the few who refuse to sign up with Netflix, just to see this. I am desperatly hoping that it will become available through the usual chanels.

PostPosted: Thu June 6th, 2019, 18:14 GMT 

I had Netflix for a few years. Perfectly good company pleasant to deal with and reasonably priced. But I stopped it because I watched too much shite and my brain started to rot.

I will go to see this in my local arts cinema and then buy ut when I get the chance. Looking forward to it. :D

PostPosted: Thu June 6th, 2019, 19:29 GMT 

GirlsWon'tLeaveMeAlone wrote:
I had Netflix for a few years. Perfectly good company pleasant to deal with and reasonably priced. But I stopped it because I watched too much shite and my brain started to rot.

I will go to see this in my local arts cinema and then buy ut when I get the chance. Looking forward to it. :D

That's the spirit old chap!

PostPosted: Thu June 6th, 2019, 19:33 GMT 
Titanium Member

motherwell wrote:
I think I must be one of the few who refuse to sign up with Netflix, just to see this. I am desperatly hoping that it will become available through the usual chanels.

Why not? Netflix offers a free trial month. You could sign up for free, watch it as many times in the next month, and then cancel without paying anything.

PostPosted: Fri June 7th, 2019, 09:24 GMT 
Titanium Member

Nightingale's Code wrote:
motherwell wrote:

Why not? Netflix offers a free trial month. You could sign up for free, watch it as many times in the next month, and then cancel without paying anything.

This. It's really really easy to cancel a Netflix trial. You can watch this documentary as many times as you want and hundreds of hours of great TV and films and pay nothing.

PostPosted: Fri June 7th, 2019, 23:43 GMT 

WhatCanIDoForYou? wrote:
I'm going to get tickets for the Chicago screening today. I'm so hyped up for this, especially when it wasn't so long ago that Trouble No More came out.

The funny thing is that I've been following the Hoffman Forums and the comments have become to pessimistic on there. I realize that probably most Dylan fans lived through this tour back in 1975, but as a usually pessimistic 23 year old, I can't find one thing wrong yet about this film. In my view, you can never go wrong with a Dylan release.

There's apparently some doubt that Scorsese actually had sufficient video footage/material for the film and that it's simply full of filler. The Netflix trailer looks so amazing. I don't see where those accusations are coming from.

I'm 20, pessimistic, and totally agree with you. The trailer was flawless. I got goosebumps towards the end when Dylan's singing "Mama, wipe the blood off of my face, I can't see through it anymore..." Really moved me. But anyway, considering they just released a full footage version of "Hard Rain" on YouTube today, I find it hard to believe Martin didn't have enough footage. Not to mention, Renaldo & Clara was FIVE HOURS LONG, and it was made up entirely of original footage. Should be a blast.

PostPosted: Sat June 8th, 2019, 17:07 GMT 

HatFullOfGasoline wrote:

updated, it's now a complete list but missing links to two screenings: Hammer Museum @ UCLA, and NYC Film Forum

PostPosted: Mon June 10th, 2019, 09:51 GMT 

I've been sitting around, waiting for them to announce which theater(s) it would premier at in Los Angeles...
Seems as if every other city, was announced long ago and people have had their tickets for weeks.

Los Angeles doesn't get announced (when the premier screenings poster was released) until Friday the 7th, late in the afternoon, Hammer Museum.
When I checked their website and Facebook page, there wasn't a single mention of the screening anywhere. So I emailed them.
They replied the next day, Saturday the 8th and said it was a private screening for "members only" that it wasn't open to the public and that all seats were already taken anyways.

So Los Angeles literally doesn't have a single public premier screening?

I don't get it...

PostPosted: Mon June 10th, 2019, 14:00 GMT 

HatFullOfGasoline wrote:

Thanks so much for posting this, I couldn't get to the BFI Screening on June 11th but am going to The Prince Charles Cinema on June 14th (this Friday). Although the link shows it to be sold out for it's run there are still tickets available for various dates and times. (June 12th - June 18th).

PostPosted: Mon June 10th, 2019, 15:12 GMT 

Broken Black Flea wrote:
re: NYC screening. I see that it's being screened at Lincoln Center as well as the IFC. Both starting on June 12. Any idea when the June 11th screening will be taking place in NYC? Both theaters said no to June 11 (unless they don't know yet) What's the hold up?

The premier is the 10th at Lincoln Center. They might not have any screenings till the 12th.

PostPosted: Mon June 10th, 2019, 17:07 GMT 
Promethium Member

Looking for 1 Chicago ticket...

PostPosted: Mon June 10th, 2019, 18:45 GMT 

Does anyone here know how I can get into tonight's NYC premier at Lincoln Center? Apparently, Lincoln Center is not handling the tickets. Some other unknown organization is. Any ideas. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon June 10th, 2019, 18:48 GMT 

Broken Black Flea wrote:
Does anyone here know how I can get into tonight's NYC premier at Lincoln Center? Apparently, Lincoln Center is not handling the tickets. Some other unknown organization is. Any ideas. Thanks.

It's invitation only and sold out I am afraid. I was lucky to get a ticket because a friend of mine knows someone who worked on the movie. I know they had tickets via 1Iota and I heard they rescinded all or some of the tickets just today to those people. My guess is that some more important people RSVP'd at the last minute and they needed the extra seats.

The theater its being shown in is not very big either.

PostPosted: Mon June 10th, 2019, 19:19 GMT 

Rats. I was afraid that was the case. I appreciate the info. If the rain lets up maybe i'll head down there and try good old fashioned charm. :)

PostPosted: Mon June 10th, 2019, 21:37 GMT 
Titanium Member

The obvious question here - why isn't it being released to theaters for more than one night? Is Netflix that powerful and in control? I'd MUCH rather see it on the big screen with a huge sound system. Bob Dylan in this VERY rare raging glory deserves the big screen.

PostPosted: Mon June 10th, 2019, 21:46 GMT 

I’m at Lincoln center now. Drinking a blue man can. Need a miracle.

PostPosted: Mon June 10th, 2019, 22:25 GMT 

Not looking good. Tony is here though :) and ira from yo la tengo.

PostPosted: Mon June 10th, 2019, 23:44 GMT 

There's still tickets available at The Loft in Tucson. Plus you can drink beer there. I'm not going. Not because of the beer. Jus cuz.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next