Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue June 18th, 2019, 23:15 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 17th, 2019, 12:03 GMT 

Greetings Dylanites,

Do you know where can we find similar shirts as the one Dylan has on the « Highway 61 » cover ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File%3ABo ... isited.jpg

PostPosted: Fri May 17th, 2019, 13:04 GMT 

Erm... dunno... I don´t remember much about that photograph... errr.... it was just taken one day in the steps... I haven´t thought about it that much....

PostPosted: Fri May 17th, 2019, 14:05 GMT 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bob-Dylan-HWY- ... SwFs1cBfMw

PostPosted: Fri May 17th, 2019, 14:36 GMT 

wormington wrote:
Erm... dunno... I don´t remember much about that photograph... errr.... it was just taken one day in the steps... I haven´t thought about it that much....

I read your comment as if it was written at first person. For a few seconds, I thought I was talking Bob.

PostPosted: Sat May 18th, 2019, 08:27 GMT 

briewski wrote:
wormington wrote:

I read your comment as if it was written at first person. For a few seconds, I thought I was talking Bob.

Talking to *

@anodyne1992: thanks, but I was talking about the blue/purple shirt he wears above the t-shirt.

PostPosted: Sat May 18th, 2019, 09:13 GMT 

briewski wrote:
wormington wrote:

In case the reference escapes you, check below at 1.09 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMp8x4S ... l=AdamGunn

Can´t help you locate the s-shirt though, sorry

PostPosted: Sat May 18th, 2019, 11:03 GMT 

briewski wrote:
Greetings Dylanites,

Do you know where can we find similar shirts as the one Dylan has on the « Highway 61 » cover ?

Interesting question. The design of the printed pattern on the shirt is reminiscent of Emilio Pucci's silk shirts/blouses of the 1960s. I do not think it is by Pucci, though, because he favored brighter colors. Marilyn Monroe wore several Pucci pieces (including a printed pattern silk blouse) in a stunning series of photographs by George Barris, in one of her last photo shoots (perhaps the most beautiful photographs ever taken of her, along with those by Milton Greene and Sam Shaw). Several of Marilyn's Pucci pieces were sold at auction in New York in 1999.

Finding a shirt like Dylan's Highway 61 silk shirt today is difficult, because the print pattern and the cut of the shirt with the slightly puffy sleeves are very much of their time. Vintage pieces of that style are collectors' items. You could try to find a similar fabric in a textile/fabric store and have the shirt tailor-made ...

Btw, Dylan also wore the Highway 61 silk shirt in England in 1965. Not on stage but at least at one photo call.

PostPosted: Sat May 18th, 2019, 12:52 GMT 

check retro or second hand stores

PostPosted: Sun May 19th, 2019, 17:47 GMT 

We all like motorcycles to some degree.

PostPosted: Mon May 20th, 2019, 11:35 GMT 

Quote:
In case the reference escapes you, check below at 1.09 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMp8x4S ... l=AdamGunn

Can´t help you locate the s-shirt though, sorry

Holy shit. I knew this video. Mea culpa. I was just inattentive. A really great moment of music and media history : Bob puts everyone back in his place

My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:
briewski wrote:
Greetings Dylanites,

Interesting question. The design of the printed pattern on the shirt is reminiscent of Emilio Pucci's silk shirts/blouses of the 1960s. I do not think it is by Pucci, though, because he favored brighter colors. Marilyn Monroe wore several Pucci pieces (including a printed pattern silk blouse) in a stunning series of photographs by George Barris, in one of her last photo shoots (perhaps the most beautiful photographs ever taken of her, along with those by Milton Greene and Sam Shaw). Several of Marilyn's Pucci pieces were sold at auction in New York in 1999.

Finding a shirt like Dylan's Highway 61 silk shirt today is difficult, because the print pattern and the cut of the shirt with the slightly puffy sleeves are very much of their time. Vintage pieces of that style are collectors' items. You could try to find a similar fabric in a textile/fabric store and have the shirt tailor-made ...

Btw, Dylan also wore the Highway 61 silk shirt in England in 1965. Not on stage but at least at one photo call.

Do you know where to find this picture ?

Thanks !

PostPosted: Mon May 20th, 2019, 12:43 GMT 

Think this is the same shirt ?

moab

PostPosted: Mon May 20th, 2019, 12:45 GMT 

I'm not sure. But somehow I believe that this question has been discussed around here sometime in the past. Maybe somebody can find the thread.

PostPosted: Mon May 20th, 2019, 16:03 GMT 

I think I started a topic on a search I had for an isle of Man TT motorcycle t shirt that Dylan wore in the 60s. I never found it.

PostPosted: Tue May 21st, 2019, 21:19 GMT 

man on a bridge wrote:
Think this is the same shirt ?

moab

Yes, that is the Highway 61 shirt. There are more photos from that 1965 London photo call (including color photographs) that show more of the shirt.

PostPosted: Tue May 21st, 2019, 21:23 GMT 

briewski wrote:
My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:

Do you know where to find this picture ?

Thanks !

Google "dylan baez savoy london 1965".